The problem with mainstream media "journalism?" They are too often "wrong on the facts" and then there is the "partisanship." Two examples of many:
1. The night of the Wisconsin recall vote, CNN reported their "exit poll" showed the vote to be a "dead heat" and spent unbelievable amounts of time with "talking heads" about the significance of a "close race" or "Walker defeat." Later CNN corrected itself and said their exit poll showed 2 percentage point favor to Walker (still "too close to call") and then abruptly switched to coverage of the Queen's Jubilee. CNN was wrong on the facts (and their so-called "exit poll" was "garbage."). The election results in the Wisconsin recall vote were never "tied" or even "close." Walker's victory margin? Seven percentage points!
2. CBS Chief Moonves Attends Obama Fundraiser, Outs Journalism as 'Partisan': "Though he heads a news division, Moonves (CBS Corp. and chairman Les Moonves) said, "ultimately journalism has changed … partisanship is very much a part of journalism now.""
Someone once said, you have a right to your "opinion." You don't have a right to be wrong on the "facts." That's why I don't watch or listen to "mainstream media" anymore--I prefer not to be misinformed. To give other than "passing attention" to mainstream media "journalism" is a waste of time.
Your best source of news? The internet without question--I use a variety of sources including foreign sources, Drudge, Twitter feeds, blog feeds, and other news feeds, and of course Google uncovers whatever you want or need very quickly. The day and age of "news domination" by a few sources in New York-Washington are over.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- How's the US Doing?
- Obamacare: when is "not a tax" a tax?
- Steve Jobs Told Obama, 'You're Headed For A One-Te...
- The problem with mainstream media "journalism"
- Why Everyone Should Only Get Their News From The I...
- The Truth about China?
- Parsimony and American Justice
- The Parsimony Principle - How "justice" becomes un...
- What needs to be done
- Law and Order - 15 years for using Skype!
- Paul Krugman at the London School of Economics (vi...
- Microsoft Surface vs Apple iPad: the coming battle
- 5 Tips To Toughen Passwords
- State-sponsored attacks using IE to hijack GMail
- It's all Greek to me! (Sunday Election Results)
- Europeans Dig Themselves Deeper
- BBC - Virtual Reality Trumps Reality!
- Adios Microsoft Unless You Fix This!
- The Wreck at the White House
- Internet as Police State
- The Devil Wears Obama?
- Paul Krugman on Newsnight video
- What Small Business Wants From Washington
- Health care--yes it's a mess (and expensive!)
- Defense--what and how much do we need?
- Education--an easy solution
- Social Security and Pensions--what's the future?
- Government We Can Afford
- Rejection -- a Good Teacher
- "More Government" is NOT the "Answer"
- Mary Meeker: Internet Trends Presentation
- UN to regulate the Internet? A VERY BAD IDEA
- ▼ June (32)