'State-sponsored attackers' using IE zero-day to hijack GMail accounts | ZDNet: "In the absence of a patch, the company has shipped a “Fix-It” tool that blocks the attack vector for this vulnerability. See Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 2719615 for instructions on applying the automated tool. Microsoft also recommends that Windows users deploy the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET), which helps prevent vulnerabilities in software from successfully being exploited. Internet Explorer users can also configure Internet Explorer to prompt before running Active Scripting or disable Active Scripting in the Internet and Local intranet security zone. These mitigations can be found in the “Suggested Actions” of Microsoft’s pre-patch advisory. Internet Explorer users should keep in mind that this vulnerability is different from another under-attack issue fixed yesterday with the MS12-037 bulletin."
Bottom Line: Stop using Internet Explorer (IE) as your internet browser. Install and use Chrome.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
Monday, June 18, 2012
State-sponsored attacks using IE to hijack GMail
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- How's the US Doing?
- Obamacare: when is "not a tax" a tax?
- Steve Jobs Told Obama, 'You're Headed For A One-Te...
- The problem with mainstream media "journalism"
- Why Everyone Should Only Get Their News From The I...
- The Truth about China?
- Parsimony and American Justice
- The Parsimony Principle - How "justice" becomes un...
- What needs to be done
- Law and Order - 15 years for using Skype!
- Paul Krugman at the London School of Economics (vi...
- Microsoft Surface vs Apple iPad: the coming battle
- 5 Tips To Toughen Passwords
- State-sponsored attacks using IE to hijack GMail
- It's all Greek to me! (Sunday Election Results)
- Europeans Dig Themselves Deeper
- BBC - Virtual Reality Trumps Reality!
- Adios Microsoft Unless You Fix This!
- The Wreck at the White House
- Internet as Police State
- The Devil Wears Obama?
- Paul Krugman on Newsnight video
- What Small Business Wants From Washington
- Health care--yes it's a mess (and expensive!)
- Defense--what and how much do we need?
- Education--an easy solution
- Social Security and Pensions--what's the future?
- Government We Can Afford
- Rejection -- a Good Teacher
- "More Government" is NOT the "Answer"
- Mary Meeker: Internet Trends Presentation
- UN to regulate the Internet? A VERY BAD IDEA
- ▼ June (32)