Read an interesting article in Forbes--and even wrote a comment (below):
Small Business Owners Weigh In On Tax Cuts, the Buffett Rule and the Election - Forbes: "When it comes to tax, everyone has an opinion about what’s best for small businesses.
President Obama has told us what small businesses want.
Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has told us what small businesses want.
Congress has told us what small businesses want.
But small businesses haven’t really told us what they want. I suspect it’s because no one has bothered to ask. So I did. . . ."
Your article started "what small businesses want" instead of more accurately--"what small businesses want from government"--there is a difference. Generally speaking, it has been my experience that what small businesses want from government are:
1) to be left alone (hence small business has a small voice in Washington since we are not trying to get "handouts" from Washington unlike big corporations, welfare recipients, federal workers, etc.) nor are we trying to get "regulations" in order to limit or eliminate our competition;
2) that government "get its act together;" Washington today is dysfunctional--hence the crying need for "comprehensive tax reform and comprehensive entitlements reform" just to get to fiscal sustainability.
Bottom line--small business needs the federal government to "reform itself"--it is bloated, ineffective, dysfunctional, and fiscally unsustainable. Simpson-Bowles gave a framework on what to do--unfortunately neither the President nor Congress is willing or able to lead.
I wonder if anybody in Washington is listening?
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
Sunday, June 10, 2012
What Small Business Wants From Washington
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- How's the US Doing?
- Obamacare: when is "not a tax" a tax?
- Steve Jobs Told Obama, 'You're Headed For A One-Te...
- The problem with mainstream media "journalism"
- Why Everyone Should Only Get Their News From The I...
- The Truth about China?
- Parsimony and American Justice
- The Parsimony Principle - How "justice" becomes un...
- What needs to be done
- Law and Order - 15 years for using Skype!
- Paul Krugman at the London School of Economics (vi...
- Microsoft Surface vs Apple iPad: the coming battle
- 5 Tips To Toughen Passwords
- State-sponsored attacks using IE to hijack GMail
- It's all Greek to me! (Sunday Election Results)
- Europeans Dig Themselves Deeper
- BBC - Virtual Reality Trumps Reality!
- Adios Microsoft Unless You Fix This!
- The Wreck at the White House
- Internet as Police State
- The Devil Wears Obama?
- Paul Krugman on Newsnight video
- What Small Business Wants From Washington
- Health care--yes it's a mess (and expensive!)
- Defense--what and how much do we need?
- Education--an easy solution
- Social Security and Pensions--what's the future?
- Government We Can Afford
- Rejection -- a Good Teacher
- "More Government" is NOT the "Answer"
- Mary Meeker: Internet Trends Presentation
- UN to regulate the Internet? A VERY BAD IDEA
- ▼ June (32)