France, increasingly isolated, is learning the hard way that euroenvy doesn't pay--
French attack on British economy is 'unacceptable', says Nick Clegg - Telegraph: "French attack on British economy is 'unacceptable', says Nick Clegg--The French government has been formally warned by Nick Clegg, the Deputy Prime Minister, that their recent criticism of Britain's economy was "simply unacceptable"." On Friday night, François Fillon, the French prime minister, interrupted an official visit to Brazil to call Mr Clegg to "clarify" his recent comments that Britain's credit rating should be reviewed. The Deputy PM told Mr Fillon that his recent remarks and those by other senior French figures had been "simply unacceptable and that steps should be taken to calm down the rhetoric". The conversation came as a major credit rating agency warned the French that it could downgrade the country's rating in the medium term. Fitch Ratings affirmed France's AAA rating but lowered its outlook for the French economy to negative, which usually means a downgrade is possible in 12–18 months. David Cameron and Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, enjoyed a "positive" discussion ahead of an official German visit to London next week. The conversation has added to speculation that Nicolas Sarkozy is becoming isolated in Europe. . . "
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)
- 'Dinner for One' featuring Sarkozy and Merkel [VID...
- Five 2012 Economic Predictions
- Predictions 2012: Technology
- Predictions: 2012 Presidential Race
- Merry Christmas to All from under the Palm
- Resources for the 2012 U.S. Election
- The higher education bubble is about to burst
- Why the UK is a better bet than France
- Can somebody put Newt Gingrich back on his chain?
- Sarkozy's euroenvy is isolating France
- Response to Petition on the Abolishment of the Tra...
- Romney leads in Iowa - Interview [VIDEO]
- All You Need to Know about the Eurosummit
- The Germans and French just did something Very Stu...
- The Race for President
- Oops!--RIM dumps BBX name
- Europe’s disastrous summit--I'm with Felix
- Ron Paul ad on Newt Gingrich (video)
- Remaking the euro zone in Germany’s likeness
- Intelligent People talking about the Economy repla...
- Gingrich - more "baggage" surfaces
- S&P Creditwatch Negative: Germany, France
- Re: ICANN - somebody in Washington is listening
- The Problem with the new Newt Gingrich
- Intelligent People talking about the Economy
- ▼ December (25)