As a follow-up to my post of August 18th (Good riddance Rod Beckstrom!) - some good news this morning from Politico--
POLITICO Morning Tech - POLITICO.com: "SENATE HEARING COULD SLOW DOWN ICANN’S PLANS FOR DOMAIN NAME EXPANSION – Dan Jaffe, executive vice president of the Association of National Advertisers, said the Senate Commerce Committee hearing this Thursday on ICANN’s top level domain name expansion is a good sign. “The fact they are holding a hearing is significant,” he said. “They are sufficiently concerned that they feel they need to take a second and third look. ... People are faced with a Hobson’s choice — sit on the sidelines, but it will cost them millions of dollars in increased monitoring. Or they have to buy top-level domains they don't want in order to protect their companies. If that is true for the largest companies in the world, what does that mean for the middle-sized or smaller companies?”"
Maybe somebody in Washington is listening.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)
- 'Dinner for One' featuring Sarkozy and Merkel [VIDEO]
- Five 2012 Economic Predictions
- Predictions 2012: Technology
- Predictions: 2012 Presidential Race
- Merry Christmas to All from under the Palm
- Resources for the 2012 U.S. Election
- The higher education bubble is about to burst
- Why the UK is a better bet than France
- Can somebody put Newt Gingrich back on his chain?
- Sarkozy's euroenvy is isolating France
- Response to Petition on the Abolishment of the Tra...
- Romney leads in Iowa - Interview [VIDEO]
- All You Need to Know about the Eurosummit
- The Germans and French just did something Very Stupid
- The Race for President
- Oops!--RIM dumps BBX name
- Europe’s disastrous summit--I'm with Felix
- Ron Paul ad on Newt Gingrich (video)
- Remaking the euro zone in Germany’s likeness
- Intelligent People talking about the Economy repla...
- Gingrich - more "baggage" surfaces
- S&P Creditwatch Negative: Germany, France
- Re: ICANN - somebody in Washington is listening
- The Problem with the new Newt Gingrich
- Intelligent People talking about the Economy
- ▼ December (25)