I watched the GOP debate Saturday night and have been giving this some thought. Each Republican debate is becoming more like some kind of reality TV episode. I notice Jon Huntsman doesn't even bother showing up anymore. It looks like the "wingnuts" now predominate the Grand Old Party. Come November, 2012, they may have a rude awakening. Most Americans don't go in for the "crazy talk" and don't believe their lies about Obama etc. Despite the economy, Obama might easily win re-election--it always comes down to a choice between two candidates. Americans continue to personally like President Obama and his family. Contrast the spectacle being played out in the Republican race against this snapshot of the President:
Barack Obama: The Obama Presidency. Minute by Minute | POLITICO44 - POLITICO.com: Sunday church (12/11/11 1:46 PM)--"The Obamas attended services at the nearby St. John's Episcopal Church. The first family made a short walk to the church shortly after 11 a.m. The Rev. Dr. Luis Leon delivered a sermon on John the Baptist. The Obamas took communion shortly after noon and walked back through Lafayette Park to the White House."
Doesn't exactly fit the picture of a radical islamist socialist, does it? Bottom line: Americans want somebody they can trust in the Presidency--someone who's sane, steady, and sober-minded.
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)
- 'Dinner for One' featuring Sarkozy and Merkel [VIDEO]
- Five 2012 Economic Predictions
- Predictions 2012: Technology
- Predictions: 2012 Presidential Race
- Merry Christmas to All from under the Palm
- Resources for the 2012 U.S. Election
- The higher education bubble is about to burst
- Why the UK is a better bet than France
- Can somebody put Newt Gingrich back on his chain?
- Sarkozy's euroenvy is isolating France
- Response to Petition on the Abolishment of the Tra...
- Romney leads in Iowa - Interview [VIDEO]
- All You Need to Know about the Eurosummit
- The Germans and French just did something Very Stupid
- The Race for President
- Oops!--RIM dumps BBX name
- Europe’s disastrous summit--I'm with Felix
- Ron Paul ad on Newt Gingrich (video)
- Remaking the euro zone in Germany’s likeness
- Intelligent People talking about the Economy repla...
- Gingrich - more "baggage" surfaces
- S&P Creditwatch Negative: Germany, France
- Re: ICANN - somebody in Washington is listening
- The Problem with the new Newt Gingrich
- Intelligent People talking about the Economy
- ▼ December (25)