I like Ted Cruz, I really do, and I think he and his wife are truly impressive. But I don't get, and never will, what the heck he and his compatriots in the House were trying to do with the shutdown over Obamacare (and I said so at the time), but I see Ted is now trying to justify the stance he took--
Unabashed Cruz in Iowa defends self on ObamaCare fight, against GOP establishment | Fox News: ""One of the things we accomplished in the fight over ObamaCare is we elevated the national debate over what a disaster, what a train wreck, how much ObamaCare is hurting millions of Americans across this country," Cruz said at the Iowa GOP's annual fundraising dinner in Des Moines. “Senate Republicans didn't stand together. Had we stuck together, the outcome might be very different. The House does now, but I'm confident that the U.S. senate will in time listen to the American people.”"
Problem is, Ted and his House compatriots were trying to stop a train wreck that was, and is, to their political advantage to let happen, and was going to happen anyway (they had no hope of either stopping or delaying it at the time). Obamacare, a term I prefer over "Affordable Care Act" since the program is far from "affordable" for most Americans and is an unmitigated disaster on controlling health care costs, is a slow-moving train wreck that will hang most Democrats come November, 2014. So Ted, for now, just shut up. I don't think even you have any idea how bad this thing is going to be--let it come to full fruition. Hold your fire, you don't need to tell anyone how bad Obamacare will be, and how the Democrats really stuck it to most Americans with this Obamamess. When the time is right, they will know, they won't need to be told.
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- US Government is its own worst enemy
- Obama continued and expanded Bush-Cheney abuses
- The Clueless President
- SXSW, rotten culture, contempt, condescension, pri...
- What were Ted Cruz and the Tea Party Thinking?
- Motivational Quotes (slides)
- Edward Snowden, No Regrets (video)
- A Woman Blogger, the NSA, US Senate, Real Journalists
- For the NSA the worst is yet to come, accountability
- Incompetent Obama Administration Does It Again, Ob...
- The Real Bad News No One (in media or government) ...
- US Government vs the American People in the Bush-O...
- New York Times Discovers Its Own Confirmation Bias
- NSA, What Is The ROI?
- Shutdown ended, debt default averted, but not for ...
- Snowden: Mass Surveillance Is a Threat (Video)
- Obama to Congress: My Way or the Highway (video)
- Opt Out Of Google Plan to Sell Users Endorsements
- Greenwald vs New York Times
- Why Everyone (including the Government) Is Stupid
- NSA, a privacy-violating mess, Government out-of-c...
- Obama, America, banana republic, deadbeat nation
- NSA Data Center Meltdown -- Snowden?
- Bernanke's Failures, Unemployment, The Value of Mo...
- GOP needs to call out Obama on his government shut...
- Was deadly force necessary in DC? No, but does it ...
- End of US Imperium
- One Big Trader Lost Millions Betting on Romney
- Why the New York Times is wrong about a jobs recovery
- Plutocrats, Persecution, Sociopaths
- NSA Abuse and Incompetence, Time To Shut It Down
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2012 (423)