You have to hand it to Obama and his administration -- their ineptness leaves one breathless -- first they come down so hard on any and all whistleblowers (and target any member of the media who may be talking to whistleblowers uncovering US government misconduct) that the chilling effect produces (surprise!) a Snowden -- who changes the rules of the game -- rather than play by the US government rules and try to reform a corrupt administration from inside, he takes EVERYTHING and flees beyond the reach of Obama and his gang. Now ALL the information Obama and his administration wanted so badly to keep secret, including illegal and unconstitutional acts, are coming out, one by one, in media all over the world. Thanks to the NSA, Obama and his administration, and Bush before him, and their ilk, the reputation of the US in the world is in the toilet. So what do Obama's guys do? Why they take out their anger and vengeance against a small businessman named Levison and destroy his law-abiding company. What Justice?
ACLU: Lavabit 'fatally undermined' by US request for encryption keys | World news | theguardian.com: "ACLU lawyer Catherine Crump said the government's "unreasonably burdensome" demands "fundamentally destroyed the company as a whole". "Lavabit's business was predicated on offering a secure email service, and no company could possible tell its clients that it offers a secure service if its keys have been handed over to the government," Crump said. Lavabit closed its service in August after the US authorities demanded he hand over the encryption keys for its entire service – a move Levison said would have compromised the personal details of his 40,000 clients. Levison had previously offered the FBI access to the account that is believed to have been used by Snowden. The name of the FBI's target is redacted in court documents, and Levison is gagged by a court order from commenting."
One could call the actions of Obama's administration thuggish, moronic, short-sighted, and clumsy, but hardly effective. In the end, the might and power of a Goliath, has again been defeated by a David. Corrupt power never learns. If three years ago you had asked any of America's enemies for a strategy to diminish US influence and power in the world, none of them could have come up with the events of this year--the US government has been its own worst enemy, thanks to the policies of the NSA, Obama, and Obama's DOJ. They have no one to blame but themselves.
But I am optimistic. Somewhere in the future, the US will have wiser leadership, and a better government. That leadership and government will understand you want and need a leaky government in a democracy. That's how truth comes out, and how you stem the rot and corruption and excesses that are otherwise inevitable in all governments.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- US Government is its own worst enemy
- Obama continued and expanded Bush-Cheney abuses
- The Clueless President
- SXSW, rotten culture, contempt, condescension, pri...
- What were Ted Cruz and the Tea Party Thinking?
- Motivational Quotes (slides)
- Edward Snowden, No Regrets (video)
- A Woman Blogger, the NSA, US Senate, Real Journalists
- For the NSA the worst is yet to come, accountability
- Incompetent Obama Administration Does It Again, Ob...
- The Real Bad News No One (in media or government) ...
- US Government vs the American People in the Bush-O...
- New York Times Discovers Its Own Confirmation Bias
- NSA, What Is The ROI?
- Shutdown ended, debt default averted, but not for ...
- Snowden: Mass Surveillance Is a Threat (Video)
- Obama to Congress: My Way or the Highway (video)
- Opt Out Of Google Plan to Sell Users Endorsements
- Greenwald vs New York Times
- Why Everyone (including the Government) Is Stupid
- NSA, a privacy-violating mess, Government out-of-c...
- Obama, America, banana republic, deadbeat nation
- NSA Data Center Meltdown -- Snowden?
- Bernanke's Failures, Unemployment, The Value of Mo...
- GOP needs to call out Obama on his government shut...
- Was deadly force necessary in DC? No, but does it ...
- End of US Imperium
- One Big Trader Lost Millions Betting on Romney
- Why the New York Times is wrong about a jobs recovery
- Plutocrats, Persecution, Sociopaths
- NSA Abuse and Incompetence, Time To Shut It Down
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2012 (423)