Fiscal Cliff Deal is Classic Washington--nothing really solved--little pain, little gain:
Wonkbook: Everything you need to know about the fiscal cliff deal: ". . . ”There are two facts you should know about the ‘fiscal cliff’ deal: One, it won’t reduce the deficit by much. Two, it won’t avert the fiscal cliff. Whatever deal gets worked out this week will be very narrow in scope, simply delaying major parts of the fiscal cliff and doing little to reduce the deficit.” --Suzy Khimm in The Washington Post."
The only real solution is comprehensive tax reform and comprehensive entitlement reform and less spending on wasteful, unnecessary programs. Washington still thinks in terms of "tax breaks" and "giveaways." Reality check: but for the printing press, the federal government is broke and insolvent; someday soon we will no longer be the "least dirty shirt." We need to start over--make the system fair, equitable, with lower, flatter rates, eliminate all personal deductions except charitable contributions (capped at a limit at 20% of taxable income), exempt first $20,000 of taxable income. I wrote about it here--
The Payroll Tax - the problem and part of the solution
Fiscal Cliff Solution
US needs comprehensive tax and entitlements reforms
The House needs to re-write the bill along the lines above and send it back to the Senate. There's no better time to start real reform with real solutions, instead of the usual Washington-disease thinking.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- World is right to worry about US debt
- Police, Not Prisons, Cut Crime
- The History Trap
- This is why there is no tax reform
- £1bn Google London headquarters
- Obama still cleaning up the George W. Bush mess
- Another shooting victim in America's murder capital
- Lawmakers slam DOJ prosecution of Swartz as 'ridic...
- Lofgren to introduce bill amending hacking law in ...
- Davos and the broken Western state model
- Santa Clara County economy best performing
- Government's Biggest Tax Bite
- The Beginning of American Decline?
- Windows 8 Is a Massive Microsoft Fail
- 2012 Election not a Mandate for either Obama or th...
- How Low Will Microsoft Go?
- Social Security - Why It’s Worse Than You Think
- Obama Administration's "Finest Hour"
- What is Driving US Health Care Spending
- Microsoft sweating the assets?
- Health Care Costs Driving Deficits
- Vitter: Harry Reid "an idiot" for Katrina comments...
- You gotta problem with Hagel or Brennan?
- Apotheker's Legacy of Wrecking HP Continues
- Antitrust, Politics, Economics
- Google Has Learned The Ways of Washington--Governm...
- The FTC, Microsoft and Google
- 2013 Ford C-Max Energi -- Car of the Year!
- FTC Announcement Concerning Its Investigation of G...
- 13 Predictions for 2013
- 2012 Losers in the Political Realm
- What you should know about the fiscal cliff deal
- Way to Go Microsoft! -- Windows 8 Adoption Rate Tr...
- ▼ January (33)
- ► 2012 (423)