What do you do when you have lots of cash (billions of $$) overseas you can't bring back to the US (without paying exorbitant taxes)? Real estate in central London is probably a smart investment--
Google to build £1bn UK headquarters at London's King's Cross | Technology | guardian.co.uk: "Google has completed a £1bn property deal to move its UK headquarters to a brownfield site in London's King's Cross area. The US technology giant has purchased a 2.4 acre site between King's Cross and St Pancras stations and plans to build a seven and 11 storey complex due to be complete in 2016. Google already has two central London offices – one in Victoria and one on St Giles High Street – from where staff are expected to be relocated. The move forms part of the regeneration of the King's Cross area following the opening of the Eurostar terminal at St Pancras in 2007. Organisations that have moved into the area since then include Guardian News & Media, publisher of MediaGuardian, and art college Central St Martin's. Google's purchase mirrors its property strategy in Dublin, where it bought a building outright for 2,000 staff in 2011."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- World is right to worry about US debt
- Police, Not Prisons, Cut Crime
- The History Trap
- This is why there is no tax reform
- £1bn Google London headquarters
- Obama still cleaning up the George W. Bush mess
- Another shooting victim in America's murder capita...
- Lawmakers slam DOJ prosecution of Swartz as 'ridic...
- Lofgren to introduce bill amending hacking law in ...
- Davos and the broken Western state model
- Santa Clara County economy best performing
- Government's Biggest Tax Bite
- The Beginning of American Decline?
- Windows 8 Is a Massive Microsoft Fail
- 2012 Election not a Mandate for either Obama or th...
- How Low Will Microsoft Go?
- Social Security - Why It’s Worse Than You Think
- Obama Administration's "Finest Hour"
- What is Driving US Health Care Spending
- Microsoft sweating the assets?
- Health Care Costs Driving Deficits
- Vitter: Harry Reid "an idiot" for Katrina comments...
- You gotta problem with Hagel or Brennan?
- Apotheker's Legacy of Wrecking HP Continues
- Antitrust, Politics, Economics
- Google Has Learned The Ways of Washington--Governm...
- The FTC, Microsoft and Google
- 2013 Ford C-Max Energi -- Car of the Year!
- FTC Announcement Concerning Its Investigation of G...
- 13 Predictions for 2013
- 2012 Losers in the Political Realm
- What you should know about the fiscal cliff deal
- Way to Go Microsoft! -- Windows 8 Adoption Rate Tr...
- ▼ January (33)
- ► 2012 (423)