It's a question even the mainstream media is asking. If this kind of misuse of taxpayer funds by Obama continues, you can expect a call for appointment of a special prosecutor:
Live Not By Obama’s Lies | Washington Free Beacon:
The president scheduled appearances at three colleges located purely by coincidence in swing states, and booked a guest spot on Jimmy Fallon’s late-night talk show. His objective? Promise to keep loans cheap and, as always, slam the GOP. And do all of this not as a candidate but as a president. Otherwise he’d have to spend some of the cash in his Chicago money bin.
Campaign events? Not at all, Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter told MSNBC’s Chuck Todd Wednesday morning, while refusing to say when the events will begin. But the visuals from the campuses—showing Obama preening and asking, “Can I get an Amen?” as hordes of squealing teenagers answered his call—was too much even for the liberal media to stomach.
“How much longer do we have to pretend these POTUS events aren’t campaign events?” tweeted MSNBC’s Mike O’Brien. “This is campaigning. Just call it that,” said the Huffington Post’s Sam Stein. They were echoing ABC’s Jake Tapper, who noted last week that the White House “seemed offended” when asked whether “electoral factors” determined Obama’s travel. Seizing an opportunity, the Republican National Committee lodged a formal complaint with the Government Accountability Office, alleging that the White House was using official funds for electioneering.
The sudden refusal by the media and RNC to participate in the charade got Obama’s attention. By Wednesday evening David Axelrod and Jim Messina were on the phone telling reporters that the president’s reelection would officially kick off Saturday, May 5, with rallies at Ohio State and Virginia Commonwealth University. Just like that, the lie that Obama hasn’t been “campaigning” came to an end. But does anyone seriously doubt that Obama would have postponed his campaign’s official kickoff for as long as possible, if his traditional allies in the media hadn’t called him on it?
Perhaps this is only the beginning. Perhaps the frustration expressed in those tweets augurs a fresh look by the media at Obama . . . . “So in our timidity,” wrote Solzhenitsyn, “let each of us make a choice: Whether consciously, to remain a servant of falsehood—of course, it is not out of inclination, but to feed one’s family, that one raises his children in the spirit of lies—or to shrug off the lies and become an honest man worthy of respect both by one’s children and contemporaries.” Can I get an Amen?"
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Why are Taxpayers Paying for Obama's Campaign?
- Escaped Chinese activist Chen Guangcheng speaks ou...
- The Secret Service and Strippers--Not Secret Anymo...
- Are you sure you want to re-elect Barack Obama?
- All you need to know about Election 2012
- The California Nightmare
- The Party Is Over? Really?
- Leadership, not popularity or likability
- Media Inaccuracy: So Much for Headlines
- Barack Obama's re-election bid is already in deep ...
- Keep the Internet Free: ACTA treaty ‘dead in the w...
- Meet the Romneys
- 2012 Presidential Election Projection
- What's it going to look like November 7th?
- ICANN Corrupts Internet With New Domains
- Spanish banks now "mainlining" ECB cash
- Democrats painting Mitt Romney as Don Draper--cool...
- All You Need To Know About the Gingrich Campaign
- Caspsize Rescue: 10 people in a 14-foot boat?
- Failed Florida reef -- one more "good idea" gone b...
- Ann Romney video
- Dogging Mitt Romney
- Google and Privacy: Nothing Evil
- Hey, you're not unemployed, you're "not in Labor F...
- Magic City on Starz
- Google, Larry Page, Steve Jobs, and Apple: a diffe...
- Hey President Obama, ever hear of Marbury v. Madis...
- The Eurozone Disease
- Don't Trust Those "In Charge"
- Obama: A Failed Presidency?
- What You Need To Know About The U.S. Housing Marke...
- ▼ April (31)