We are inundated by media inaccuracy and bias--and not just traditional mainstream media. Here's a recent headline from Politico.com--"Poll: Obama lead over Mitt shrinks." Now reading that you would think Obama still leads Romney, just by a narrower margin. Not so! Read the bold below--
2012 Presidential Election: Campaign News, Polls, Results & Candidates - POLITICO.com: "Poll: Obama lead over Mitt shrinks By DARIUS DIXON | 4/17/12 6:28 AM Just more than half of registered voters surveyed said that jobs and the economy were the most important issues of the presidential election, while 45 percent to 43 percent voters preferred Romney — a statistical tie with the president."
Obama's "lead" shrinks? I'd say more like "gone" or "disappears." As is so often the case, the true story and facts are different from the headline. So much for headline accuracy at www.politico.com or elsewhere in the "news media!"
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Why are Taxpayers Paying for Obama's Campaign?
- Escaped Chinese activist Chen Guangcheng speaks ou...
- The Secret Service and Strippers--Not Secret Anymore
- Are you sure you want to re-elect Barack Obama?
- All you need to know about Election 2012
- The California Nightmare
- The Party Is Over? Really?
- Leadership, not popularity or likability
- Media Inaccuracy: So Much for Headlines
- Barack Obama's re-election bid is already in deep ...
- Keep the Internet Free: ACTA treaty ‘dead in the w...
- Meet the Romneys
- 2012 Presidential Election Projection
- What's it going to look like November 7th?
- ICANN Corrupts Internet With New Domains
- Spanish banks now "mainlining" ECB cash
- Democrats painting Mitt Romney as Don Draper--cool!!
- All You Need To Know About the Gingrich Campaign
- Caspsize Rescue: 10 people in a 14-foot boat?
- Failed Florida reef -- one more "good idea" gone bad
- Ann Romney video
- Dogging Mitt Romney
- Google and Privacy: Nothing Evil
- Hey, you're not unemployed, you're "not in Labor F...
- Magic City on Starz
- Google, Larry Page, Steve Jobs, and Apple: a diffe...
- Hey President Obama, ever hear of Marbury v. Madison?
- The Eurozone Disease
- Don't Trust Those "In Charge"
- Obama: A Failed Presidency?
- What You Need To Know About The U.S. Housing Market
- ▼ April (31)