OK here's the headline du jour: Al Qaeda threat: 19 US diplomatic sites to remain closed through next weekend (+video) - CSMonitor.com
Sad, and so pathetic, and one wonders--have they given Susan Rice (see below) more "talking points" (more like "lying points") like she spouted last year on national television about Benghazi--none of which were true?
NSA defenders: embassy closures followed pre-9/11 levels of 'chatter' | World news | The Guardian: "The incoming national security advisor, Susan Rice, chaired a meeting on Saturday at the White House and was expected to further brief Obama, who was celebrating his 52nd birthday on Sunday. A number of Congressional leaders concerned by the NSA's powers, particularly regarding domestic surveillance, urged caution over linking the latest terrorism alert. Adam Schiff, a Democrat on the House intelligence committee, said: "This is not the usual kind of chatter … it had to be corroborated or come from very reliable sources to take this kind of action. "You have to be very careful how much you represent that any particular programme has contributed to our security. There is no indication that the metadata programme [related to domestic surveillance] contributed to information about this particular plot.""
Could it all be false alarms--is al Qaeda now playing the NSA (et al) at its own game? If so, NSA has no way to separate the "chatter" from the "noise" and their "intelligence" is "useless." It's just more FUD being used to manipulate others.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Obama Unraveling Over Syria
- Syria, Obama and his mainstream media shills, New ...
- Camille Paglia, Hillary Clinton, Benghazi, PR
- Ron Paul, Snowden, Manning, Heroes
- Obama, NSA, the "witless and harebrained"
- How Snowden did it, NSA Eyes Wide Shut
- Snowden, NSA, Security, Safeguards, Forensic Inves...
- Hewlett-Packard, Past as Prologue, More Layoffs In...
- NSA, DEA, IRS, Obama, Holder -- Time For A Special...
- Just admit it -- the secret FISA Court is a sham
- NSA statements to The Washington Post, Lies and Mo...
- Has the US Government Lied to You? (video)
- How to stop telephone spam
- Washington Stench
- Albert Einstein, Circle of Compassion, Abby Martin...
- Foraging in the Urban Wilds
- "That Dell guy" Snowden also downloaded NSA secrets
- Cuba - No Internet Freedom When Everything is Run ...
- Escape From North Korea (video)
- Chinese Threat to Afghan Buddhas (video)
- Federal agency spent $3 million fighting non-exist...
- Obama's Justice Dept defends secret Orwellian FISA...
- 9/11 Memorial Museum video
- Statue of Liberty video
- Broad Channel in Queens (video)
- INSANE: Obama administration wants SOPA felony leg...
- Snowden surveillance leaks open way for challenges...
- NSA, chatter, noise, FUD
- Must reads from week ending August 3, 2013
- Snowden Makes Appeal From Airport (video)
- Snowden No Narcissist - David Bromwich "must read"
- Businesses Should Fear States' Big Pension Debts
- Even Apple shills admit Chromecast is a "winner"
- ▼ August (33)
- ► 2012 (423)