Anonymous leaks more NSA-related docs as Obama defends PRISM | ZDNet
NSA spying scandal fallout: Expect big impact in Europe and elsewhere (Updated) — Tech News and Analysis
Dianne Feinstein on NSA: ‘It’s called protecting America’ - Tim Mak and Burgess Everett - POLITICO.com (you can read all about it in the above and elsewhere).
I'm not going to waste much time on this--it's the boiling frog story--unless stopped, eventually the US will be a complete police state with no privacy, no constitutional rights--Osama Bin Laden predicted this and counted it as his "victory." So thank you Washington--George W. Bush, Barack H. Obama, Congress and the Courts (including the "secret" FISA court)--for destroying the America we love and the Constitution it was founded upon.
The real security risk in all of this is that though Washington believes they are "protecting America," we are probably more unsafe than ever because of idiocy like this. It is obvious the US security agencies are awash in data--so much data that they can't make heads or tails out of it. They are wasting a lot of man-hours, and money, chasing dead-ends. They are pretty much clueless--as evidenced by the case of the Boston bombers (they had their names, IDs, photos, and had even been "tipped off" by Russia) and yet, they couldn't even do a photo-match ID (it took days to figure who the guys caught on the private security cameras were). Brilliant! Then the "authorities" (what an oxymoron) shut down Boston, brought in tanks, swat teams, and other "toys" provided by "Homeland Security" [sic], and other agencies, invaded a bunch of people's homes without probable cause, and were still unable to find a wounded, bleeding suspect last known to be "on foot." Finally, they gave up, called off the "lock-down," and within minutes thereafter, a guy walking his dog finds the suspect in his backyard! So much for all the "gear," wasted man-hours and taxpayer money, and the useless expensive "toys" provided by DHS.
So rest assured. Somewhere in the bowels of a governmental agency database resides all the data of your communications. And like a needle in a haystack, there might even be a few pieces of data from amateurs like the Boston bombers. As for real terrorists--you know, guys who might detonate a nuclear weapon, etc.,--they won't be using Verizon et al. Don't you feel safe?
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Google Reader out of business as of July 1st
- NSA Surveillance: probably not very effective at s...
- NSA Chief Says? -- they are making it all up
- How Terrorism Really Works
- European Parliament Debate on US NSA Data Surveill...
- National Security Agency, The Spy Factory (video)
- 3 NSA veterans support Snowden - "feel vindicated"
- Edward Snowden lands in Moscow, likely bound for E...
- Snowden Leaves Hong Kong: The Plot Thickens
- Edward Snowden's Sin: Exposing NSA Lies
- Silicon Valley Push Back on NSA Requests (video)
- Spurs vs Heat - Fans Weigh In (video)
- The Loss of Trust in Government
- Biden vs Obama on NSA spying (video)
- Secret Courts Enable Unconstitutional Spying
- Think You've Got Nothing To Hide? Better Think Again
- Obama: “All I Care About Right Now is Political Fu...
- Protesters rally in Hong Kong to support Snowden
- NSA leaker Ed Snowden used banned thumb-drive -- LOL
- EU vs US -- relationship amid PRISM spying claims
- IRS economic headwinds
- What Edward Snowden Told Us
- Virtual currency con games
- All about the NSA PRISM and more
- US surveillance revelations are kiss of death for ...
- "Washington has handed Osama bin Laden his last an...
- Washington Destroying America in order to "protect...
- New Housing Bubble under way thanks to Federal Res...
- Risk-Averse Culture Infects US Workers and Entrepr...
- The insanity and hysteria of "GMO truthers"
- Miami's South Beach protest for resignation of Tur...
- Obama and Plouffe turning IRS controversy into a p...
- The Irish Sandwich and US Tax Policy
- Obama's (and the Democrats) worse nightmare
- ▼ June (34)
- ► 2012 (423)