Why Edward Snowden Is a Hero : The New Yorker: " . . . a couple of months ago, at a Senate hearing, Oregon Democrat Ron Wyden, one of the few legislators to sound any misgivings over the activities of the intelligence agencies, asked Clapper, “Does the N.S.A. collect any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans?” To which Clapper replied: “No, sir.” (He added, “Not wittingly.”) At another hearing, General Keith Alexander, the director of the N.S.A., denied fourteen times that the agency had the technical capability to intercept e-mails and other online communications in the United States. Thanks to Snowden, and what he told the Guardian and the Washington Post, we now have cause to doubt the truth of this testimony. In Snowden’s words: “The N.S.A. has built an infrastructure that allows it to intercept almost everything. With this capability, the vast majority of human communications are automatically ingested without targeting. If I wanted to see your emails or your wife’s phone, all I have to do is use intercepts. I can get your emails, passwords, phone records, credit cards.”. . ."
Somebody is lying--Congress needs to find out who the liars are.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Google Reader out of business as of July 1st
- NSA Surveillance: probably not very effective at s...
- NSA Chief Says? -- they are making it all up
- How Terrorism Really Works
- European Parliament Debate on US NSA Data Surveill...
- National Security Agency, The Spy Factory (video)
- 3 NSA veterans support Snowden - "feel vindicated"...
- Edward Snowden lands in Moscow, likely bound for E...
- Snowden Leaves Hong Kong: The Plot Thickens
- Edward Snowden's Sin: Exposing NSA Lies
- Silicon Valley Push Back on NSA Requests (video)
- Spurs vs Heat - Fans Weigh In (video)
- The Loss of Trust in Government
- Biden vs Obama on NSA spying (video)
- Secret Courts Enable Unconstitutional Spying
- Think You've Got Nothing To Hide? Better Think Aga...
- Obama: “All I Care About Right Now is Political Fu...
- Protesters rally in Hong Kong to support Snowden
- NSA leaker Ed Snowden used banned thumb-drive -- L...
- EU vs US -- relationship amid PRISM spying claims
- IRS economic headwinds
- What Edward Snowden Told Us
- Virtual currency con games
- All about the NSA PRISM and more
- US surveillance revelations are kiss of death for ...
- "Washington has handed Osama bin Laden his last an...
- Washington Destroying America in order to "protect...
- New Housing Bubble under way thanks to Federal Res...
- Risk-Averse Culture Infects US Workers and Entrepr...
- The insanity and hysteria of "GMO truthers"
- Miami's South Beach protest for resignation of Tur...
- Obama and Plouffe turning IRS controversy into a p...
- The Irish Sandwich and US Tax Policy
- Obama's (and the Democrats) worse nightmare
- ▼ June (34)
- ► 2012 (423)