Yes I watched the "dog and pony show" (otherwise known as The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence) last week and I don't know anyone who watched it who believes this was anything other than a whitewash full of BS--(Rep. Mike Rogers et al were pathetic in their boot-licking)--
N.S.A. Chief Says Surveillance Has Stopped Dozens of Plots - NYTimes.com: " . . . The hearing was aimed at bolstering public support for surveillance programs after leaks by Edward J. Snowden . . . At the hearing, Mr. Thornberry asked Mr. Joyce whether the stock exchange attack was a “serious plot” or just “something that they kind of dreamed about.” Mr. Joyce replied, “I think the jury considered it serious, since they were all convicted.” However, Joshua L. Dratel, a lawyer for Mr. Hasanoff, called Mr. Joyce’s portrayal “astonishing” because none of the defendants was charged with the stock exchange allegation and there was no jury trial in any of the cases. . . . "
So much for the credibility of the NSA and FBI witnesses before the House Committee. As one commenter to the New York Times article cited above stated: "Saying doesn't make it so."
After this Congressional charade, I am beginning to give Edward Snowden the benefit of doubt, and take all of his assertions very seriously. At this point, he has more credibility than the NSA et al.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
Friday, June 28, 2013
NSA Chief Says? -- they are making it all up
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Google Reader out of business as of July 1st
- NSA Surveillance: probably not very effective at s...
- NSA Chief Says? -- they are making it all up
- How Terrorism Really Works
- European Parliament Debate on US NSA Data Surveill...
- National Security Agency, The Spy Factory (video)
- 3 NSA veterans support Snowden - "feel vindicated"
- Edward Snowden lands in Moscow, likely bound for E...
- Snowden Leaves Hong Kong: The Plot Thickens
- Edward Snowden's Sin: Exposing NSA Lies
- Silicon Valley Push Back on NSA Requests (video)
- Spurs vs Heat - Fans Weigh In (video)
- The Loss of Trust in Government
- Biden vs Obama on NSA spying (video)
- Secret Courts Enable Unconstitutional Spying
- Think You've Got Nothing To Hide? Better Think Again
- Obama: “All I Care About Right Now is Political Fu...
- Protesters rally in Hong Kong to support Snowden
- NSA leaker Ed Snowden used banned thumb-drive -- LOL
- EU vs US -- relationship amid PRISM spying claims
- IRS economic headwinds
- What Edward Snowden Told Us
- Virtual currency con games
- All about the NSA PRISM and more
- US surveillance revelations are kiss of death for ...
- "Washington has handed Osama bin Laden his last an...
- Washington Destroying America in order to "protect...
- New Housing Bubble under way thanks to Federal Res...
- Risk-Averse Culture Infects US Workers and Entrepr...
- The insanity and hysteria of "GMO truthers"
- Miami's South Beach protest for resignation of Tur...
- Obama and Plouffe turning IRS controversy into a p...
- The Irish Sandwich and US Tax Policy
- Obama's (and the Democrats) worse nightmare
- ▼ June (34)
- ► 2012 (423)