Monday, December 24, 2012
Windows XP Tablet -- think what might have been
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition: A Look Back | Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: "Windows XP Tablet PC Edition was one of two major additions to the XP lineup that came in the years after the main product line debuted in 2001. . . . There were two versions of XP for tablets, Tablet PC Edition (which appeared in 2002) and Tablet PC Edition 2005. After that, Tablet PC functionality was simply added directly into more mainstream Windows versions in Windows Vista and 7. The early Tablet PC days were a heady time. Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates was an early adopter and proponent of this system and proudly declared that it would be a primary computing device for hundreds of millions of people within years. That never happened, but some of the technological advances Microsoft made in these products have stood the test of time, even in these days where more and more consumers are gravitating to simpler (and more simple-minded) devices like the iPad. . . ."
Despite what Steve Jobs (RIP) or others say--the iPad was not an original idea, but built upon work done before--like Microsoft's Windows Tablet.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Howard Dean may be right: Let’s Go Over the Fiscal...
- Windows 8 fails on desktop
- Quote of the Year
- Government, Antitrust, and Cartels
- New FCC rules will let a single company own a town...
- Think the U.S. doesn't have debtor prisons?
- Season's Greetings
- Windows XP Tablet -- think what might have been
- Gas tax hike could be part of fiscal cliff solutio...
- Google Revenues Sheltered in No-Tax Bermuda
- Pronouncements, Predictions, and Projections
- State Department Blamed for Benghazi Disaster not ...
- New home sales stagnant, cast shadow on housing
- Susan Rice and her political ambitions
- FTC nominee Joshua Wright to skip Google cases
- WCIT2012 -- the Debacle in Dubai
- McAfee settling into Miami - 'will not go back to ...
- More video from McAfee
- John McAfee - the CNBC interview (video)
- "Do you not know with how little wisdom the world ...
- The 90s Economic Boom Is Not Coming Back
- Declining Jobless rate due to shrinking labor forc...
- UN's ITU Should Be Dismantled says Former White Ho...
- ITU Proves It Is Unfit To Regulate the Internet
- John McAfee: "I wish I could just pack my bags and...
- Sticking With Windows 7
- The Payroll Tax - the problem and part of the solu...
- Cuba, free speech, and internet freedom
- The American brand and DHS
- Final Caveat on Windows 8
- Take Action: Add Your Voice to Keep the Internet #...
- Microsoft Windows 8: welcome to the worst in both ...
- Cat Signal Issued by Internet Defense League
- Early sales of Windows 8 are far below Microsoft’s...
- ▼ December (34)