Good article below, which begs the question--what is the USA brand today?
Overview » FutureBrand: "A strong country brand is more than the sum of its attributes: in total, it must make people’s lives better. FutureBrand assesses the strength of a country brand in much the same way as any other brand, measuring awareness, familiarity, preference, consideration, advocacy and active decisions to visit or interact with a place. But the most important factors – the aspects that truly differentiate a country brand – are its associations and attributes across five key dimensions: Value System, Quality of Life, Good for Business, Heritage and Culture and Tourism."
For example, does the Department of Homeland Security add to, or diminish, the American brand? Does DHS represent the dark side of government--arbitrary, unaccountable, opaque, power seeking, intrusive, overbearing, threatening? Is DHS a prime example of the continuing governmental intrusions upon civil liberties? Does it incorporate what is best about America, or is it merely a Bush-era over-reaction to radical Islam terrorism? A bureaucratic nightmare to both liberty and the American brand?
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Howard Dean may be right: Let’s Go Over the Fiscal...
- Windows 8 fails on desktop
- Quote of the Year
- Government, Antitrust, and Cartels
- New FCC rules will let a single company own a town...
- Think the U.S. doesn't have debtor prisons?
- Season's Greetings
- Windows XP Tablet -- think what might have been
- Gas tax hike could be part of fiscal cliff solution
- Google Revenues Sheltered in No-Tax Bermuda
- Pronouncements, Predictions, and Projections
- State Department Blamed for Benghazi Disaster not ...
- New home sales stagnant, cast shadow on housing
- Susan Rice and her political ambitions
- FTC nominee Joshua Wright to skip Google cases
- WCIT2012 -- the Debacle in Dubai
- McAfee settling into Miami - 'will not go back to ...
- More video from McAfee
- John McAfee - the CNBC interview (video)
- "Do you not know with how little wisdom the world ...
- The 90s Economic Boom Is Not Coming Back
- Declining Jobless rate due to shrinking labor forc...
- UN's ITU Should Be Dismantled says Former White Ho...
- ITU Proves It Is Unfit To Regulate the Internet
- John McAfee: "I wish I could just pack my bags and...
- Sticking With Windows 7
- The Payroll Tax - the problem and part of the solu...
- Cuba, free speech, and internet freedom
- The American brand and DHS
- Final Caveat on Windows 8
- Take Action: Add Your Voice to Keep the Internet #...
- Microsoft Windows 8: welcome to the worst in both ...
- Cat Signal Issued by Internet Defense League
- Early sales of Windows 8 are far below Microsoft’s...
- ▼ December (34)