LA Times report (excerpt below):
McAfee settling into Miami, 'will not go back to Belize' - latimes.com: " . . . Since landing in Miami on Wednesday, McAfee has held impromptu press conferences on the steps of his hotel despite a request on his blog that still urges press to “please respect John’s privacy.” After dropping contact with two Vice journalists since Guatemala (he accused the magazine of purposefully revealing his location in a cellphone photo’s metadata), he’s since had two other Miami reporters in tow, who report that he spent Thursday dining on hundreds of dollars worth of sushi and browsed phones and sunglasses in a posh shopping district. “I have no future, and if I have no future, that means I have no fear,” McAfee said to the reporters. Meanwhile, the family of Gregory Faull, who was found faceup in a pool of his own blood in Belize, said McAfee should be questioned in Miami. “I’m shocked by this,” Faull’s stepfather, William Keeney, told Reuters on Thursday. “He’s running around footloose and fancy-free in Miami. How in the world can that be?” Belize police spokesman Raphael Martinez has said officials there have no plans to travel to the United States to question the tech giant. But Martinez also left open the possibility that McAfee could go from "person of interest" to a named suspect, a situation in which he said Belize could explore additional options under extradition treaties with the United States."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Howard Dean may be right: Let’s Go Over the Fiscal...
- Windows 8 fails on desktop
- Quote of the Year
- Government, Antitrust, and Cartels
- New FCC rules will let a single company own a town...
- Think the U.S. doesn't have debtor prisons?
- Season's Greetings
- Windows XP Tablet -- think what might have been
- Gas tax hike could be part of fiscal cliff solution
- Google Revenues Sheltered in No-Tax Bermuda
- Pronouncements, Predictions, and Projections
- State Department Blamed for Benghazi Disaster not ...
- New home sales stagnant, cast shadow on housing
- Susan Rice and her political ambitions
- FTC nominee Joshua Wright to skip Google cases
- WCIT2012 -- the Debacle in Dubai
- McAfee settling into Miami - 'will not go back to ...
- More video from McAfee
- John McAfee - the CNBC interview (video)
- "Do you not know with how little wisdom the world ...
- The 90s Economic Boom Is Not Coming Back
- Declining Jobless rate due to shrinking labor forc...
- UN's ITU Should Be Dismantled says Former White Ho...
- ITU Proves It Is Unfit To Regulate the Internet
- John McAfee: "I wish I could just pack my bags and...
- Sticking With Windows 7
- The Payroll Tax - the problem and part of the solu...
- Cuba, free speech, and internet freedom
- The American brand and DHS
- Final Caveat on Windows 8
- Take Action: Add Your Voice to Keep the Internet #...
- Microsoft Windows 8: welcome to the worst in both ...
- Cat Signal Issued by Internet Defense League
- Early sales of Windows 8 are far below Microsoft’s...
- ▼ December (34)