FTC nominee Joshua Wright to skip Google cases - Tony Romm and Elizabeth Wasserman - POLITICO.com: "The Obama administration nominated Wright at the suggestion of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky. Republicans support Wright because of his long-standing, free-market, light-touch views on antitrust enforcement. But the nominee quickly faced criticism because his prior research cautioned against any antitrust probe of Google, a case the FTC is currently pursuing — albeit one that could be finished before the end of the year. On one hand, recusal could help Wright win the support of lawmakers who may have been on the fence about his nomination. The panel’s chairman, Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.), did not comment Friday on whether he would press Wright on the matter at the hearing. However, if confirmed, Wright may also sit out other enforcements related to Google — cases involving privacy, for example, an area in which the company and regulators have tangled. . . . "
Wright sounds like a good nominee, but I'm sorry he is going to recuse himself on Google cases. We desperately need his point of view on the FTC which has been seriously off-track in pursuing weak and meritless cases against Google.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Howard Dean may be right: Let’s Go Over the Fiscal...
- Windows 8 fails on desktop
- Quote of the Year
- Government, Antitrust, and Cartels
- New FCC rules will let a single company own a town...
- Think the U.S. doesn't have debtor prisons?
- Season's Greetings
- Windows XP Tablet -- think what might have been
- Gas tax hike could be part of fiscal cliff solution
- Google Revenues Sheltered in No-Tax Bermuda
- Pronouncements, Predictions, and Projections
- State Department Blamed for Benghazi Disaster not ...
- New home sales stagnant, cast shadow on housing
- Susan Rice and her political ambitions
- FTC nominee Joshua Wright to skip Google cases
- WCIT2012 -- the Debacle in Dubai
- McAfee settling into Miami - 'will not go back to ...
- More video from McAfee
- John McAfee - the CNBC interview (video)
- "Do you not know with how little wisdom the world ...
- The 90s Economic Boom Is Not Coming Back
- Declining Jobless rate due to shrinking labor forc...
- UN's ITU Should Be Dismantled says Former White Ho...
- ITU Proves It Is Unfit To Regulate the Internet
- John McAfee: "I wish I could just pack my bags and...
- Sticking With Windows 7
- The Payroll Tax - the problem and part of the solu...
- Cuba, free speech, and internet freedom
- The American brand and DHS
- Final Caveat on Windows 8
- Take Action: Add Your Voice to Keep the Internet #...
- Microsoft Windows 8: welcome to the worst in both ...
- Cat Signal Issued by Internet Defense League
- Early sales of Windows 8 are far below Microsoft’s...
- ▼ December (34)