Remember Saddam's "weapons of mass destruction?" American intelligence--an oxymoron--apparently has done it again--
Intelligence office says it got Libya attack wrong, not White House | McClatchy: "The unusual statement from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence appeared to have two goals: updating the public on the latest findings of the investigation into the assault, and shielding the White House from a political backlash over its original accounts. “In the immediate aftermath (of the assault), there was information that led us to assess that the attack began spontaneously following protests earlier that day at our embassy in Cairo,” spokesman Sean Turner said in the statement. “We provided that initial assessment to executive branch officials and members of Congress, who used that information to discuss the attack publicly.” The Office of the Director of National Intelligence, which coordinates and sets policies for the 16 other U.S. intelligence agencies, is led by retired Air Force Gen. James Clapper, who was appointed by President Barack Obama in August 2010. U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other Americans died in the assault staged by scores of assault rifle- and rocket-propelled grenade-toting assailants on the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States."
Why don't we just admit that American intelligence is incompetent and inept most of the time? It appears to be a systemic problem. It didn't take much intelligence to figure out the Libya attack on the anniversary of 9/11 had nothing to do with an obscure YouTube video. I would say, at the very least, somebody needs to be fired at "The Office of the Director of National Intelligence" for general incompetence, but of course, Obama never fires anyone.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Most essential travel computer gadget
- Sandy Crisis Map update
- Hurricane Sandy: stay informed, stay safe, don't p...
- The Des Moines Register endorsement: "Mitt Romney ...
- DNC website has all the details on Mitt Romney's t...
- New York Police Officer Held in Plots to Kidnap, R...
- Early look at Windows 8 baffles consumers
- Windows 8 interface confusing on the desktop
- Windows 8? Watch this video before you decide
- The Election now down to just 7 states, 66 Elector...
- Tom Wolfe's 'Back to Blood' in Miami
- 3rd Debate - Obama clear winner
- McNamee: Windows Is Over, We're In a New Tech Worl...
- Balancing Brazil's Forests video
- American crocodile coming back (video)
- Who needs a cellphone
- Time-lapse video: Space shuttle Endeavour’s trek a...
- The Second Debate: America Deserves Better
- Lee Daniels, Director of The Paperboy
- Tea & the Art of Life Management
- Wonder if Obama will blame it on a YouTube video?
- The Only Way Forward For Europe
- Christians flee Egypt town after death threats
- Air Force mini-shuttle X-37B
- Shiller Data Questions Housing Revival
- Obama's Deficit Budget
- Where Are The Jobs?
- French Beekeepers find the cause of their bees' gr...
- Bond 50th Anniversary
- Biden: Middle Class Buried for Last 4 Years (video...
- Counter View: Obama won the Debate
- 3 minute debate prep
- CABLE NEWS RACE?
- Presidential Race Update
- Intelligence office says it got Libya attack wrong...
- ▼ October (35)