After all the anguish and gnashing of teeth, killings, riots, and mayhem, over some obscure YouTube video, the unassailable fact is that Muslim countries are the most religiously intolerant in the world--
Christians 'flee Egypt town after death threats' - FRANCE 24: "Officials at the local church informed the authorities of the threats, but no action was taken, they added. Days later, a shop belonging to one of the families was fired on with automatic rifles, witnesses said. The events prompted the families to leave Rafah but there were conflicting accounts over whether they had done so voluntarily or been evicted. "The families have left Rafah and gone to El-Arish," one official said on condition of anonymity. . . . Father Mikhail Antoine of El-Arish church told AFP "the families moved voluntarily because they feared for their lives after the threats." He said the Coptic population of North Sinai numbered 5,000 to 6,000, adding that around seven Coptic families had been living in Rafah before the move. Copts have been nervous since Islamists came to power following an uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak last year. . ."
Muslims in Bangladesh torch Buddhist temples over Facebook image - latimes.com: "Hundreds of angry Muslims in southeast Bangladesh torched at least 10 Buddhist temples and dozens of homes Sunday after alleging that a Buddhist man insulted Islam on his Facebook page, authorities said. . . . "
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Most essential travel computer gadget
- Sandy Crisis Map update
- Hurricane Sandy: stay informed, stay safe, don't p...
- The Des Moines Register endorsement: "Mitt Romney ...
- DNC website has all the details on Mitt Romney's t...
- New York Police Officer Held in Plots to Kidnap, R...
- Early look at Windows 8 baffles consumers
- Windows 8 interface confusing on the desktop
- Windows 8? Watch this video before you decide
- The Election now down to just 7 states, 66 Elector...
- Tom Wolfe's 'Back to Blood' in Miami
- 3rd Debate - Obama clear winner
- McNamee: Windows Is Over, We're In a New Tech Worl...
- Balancing Brazil's Forests video
- American crocodile coming back (video)
- Who needs a cellphone
- Time-lapse video: Space shuttle Endeavour’s trek a...
- The Second Debate: America Deserves Better
- Lee Daniels, Director of The Paperboy
- Tea & the Art of Life Management
- Wonder if Obama will blame it on a YouTube video?
- The Only Way Forward For Europe
- Christians flee Egypt town after death threats
- Air Force mini-shuttle X-37B
- Shiller Data Questions Housing Revival
- Obama's Deficit Budget
- Where Are The Jobs?
- French Beekeepers find the cause of their bees' gr...
- Bond 50th Anniversary
- Biden: Middle Class Buried for Last 4 Years (video...
- Counter View: Obama won the Debate
- 3 minute debate prep
- CABLE NEWS RACE?
- Presidential Race Update
- Intelligence office says it got Libya attack wrong...
- ▼ October (35)