Don't pay any attention to the mainstream media baloney about a housing recovery--
Shiller Data Questions Housing Revival Power: Cutting Research - Bloomberg: "The upshot for Shiller and his colleagues is that while “a recovery may be plausible, and home prices have been rising fairly strongly in recent months, we do not see any unambiguous indication in our expectations data of sharp upward turning point in demand for housing that some observers, and media accounts, have suggested.” Shiller’s views carry weight: He forecast the end of the Internet bubble in his 2000 book “Irrational Exuberance.” He said in a second edition in 2005 that the U.S. housing market had undergone the biggest speculative boom in U.S. history. The Arthur M. Okun professor at Yale, he’s based in New Haven, Connecticut, while Case is professor emeritus at Wellesley College in Massachusetts. Thompson is an economist at McGraw-Hill Construction in Boston."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Most essential travel computer gadget
- Sandy Crisis Map update
- Hurricane Sandy: stay informed, stay safe, don't p...
- The Des Moines Register endorsement: "Mitt Romney ...
- DNC website has all the details on Mitt Romney's t...
- New York Police Officer Held in Plots to Kidnap, R...
- Early look at Windows 8 baffles consumers
- Windows 8 interface confusing on the desktop
- Windows 8? Watch this video before you decide
- The Election now down to just 7 states, 66 Elector...
- Tom Wolfe's 'Back to Blood' in Miami
- 3rd Debate - Obama clear winner
- McNamee: Windows Is Over, We're In a New Tech Worl...
- Balancing Brazil's Forests video
- American crocodile coming back (video)
- Who needs a cellphone
- Time-lapse video: Space shuttle Endeavour’s trek a...
- The Second Debate: America Deserves Better
- Lee Daniels, Director of The Paperboy
- Tea & the Art of Life Management
- Wonder if Obama will blame it on a YouTube video?
- The Only Way Forward For Europe
- Christians flee Egypt town after death threats
- Air Force mini-shuttle X-37B
- Shiller Data Questions Housing Revival
- Obama's Deficit Budget
- Where Are The Jobs?
- French Beekeepers find the cause of their bees' gr...
- Bond 50th Anniversary
- Biden: Middle Class Buried for Last 4 Years (video...
- Counter View: Obama won the Debate
- 3 minute debate prep
- CABLE NEWS RACE?
- Presidential Race Update
- Intelligence office says it got Libya attack wrong...
- ▼ October (35)