If you haven't heard, the first Presidential Election Debate is this Wednesday (October 3rd) between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. The media have already started hyping it. Peggy Noonan (and apparently the Romney campaign) believe it offers a chance for Mitt Romney to turn around his incompetent, losing campaign. It won't. He's done. Of course we have to go through these last few weeks of the campaign with the pundits and media, and candidates, pretending it's not over. It's over. Barack Obama will win his second term as President on Tuesday, November 6, 2012. As soon as Obama is projected by any national, credible news organization, to be the winner of Florida and Ohio (and it's just a question of how early in the evening those projections will come), you can turn out the lights and go to bed, or go back to your intense video game, or whatever.
If Bill Clinton thinks Barack Obama is an amateur, then Mitt Romney is a "rank amateur." Peggy Noonan has said the Romney campaign is incompetent. It's that and worse. Recently referred to as the "stench," the Romney campaign looks, smells, and acts like an incompetent, inept loser, now desperate, but still living in denial of its own miserable incompetence and ineptness. Romney says he's going to cut everybody's taxes--really? Do you believe that? Does any living, thinking person on the planet believe that? I don't. I gave up on Mitt Romney shortly after his disastrous foreign trip, when I realized, after taking stock of all of Obama's negatives (and there are many, very many), Romney could actually be worse if elected. That's it in a nutshell. Obama will win because Romney could be worse if elected. And the majority of the American people aren't willing to take that chance.
So watch the debate if you're so inclined, but it doesn't really matter. I may even watch the first five minutes myself. President Obama will be his calm Presidential self, and Mitt? He might make a fool of himself, or he might look like the desperate loser he has become, or he might even do a decent job. The problem is, under any scenario, he is not going to move the needle. He allowed himself to be defined by the Obama campaign back in the spring and early summer, and then he confirmed and even added to that negative definition again, and again (47% anyone?).
Update: Ryan told “Fox News Sunday” this morning that “it would take me too long to go through all the math” (on the Romney-Ryan plan to "cut everyone's taxes"). Problem is, the Romney-Ryan "math" doesn't "add up" and yet they expect people to vote for them. This is why voters don't "trust" Romney-Ryan.
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Why the Debates Don't Matter
- Rare Albino Whale Off Coast of Australia (video)
- Why South Korea Can Avoid a Financial Meltdown
- QE3's Biggest Winner? Take a Hard Look at Gold (vi...
- Rare 2-Ton Blue Whale Spotted Off Aussie Coast (vi...
- This Always Bugged Me
- Denial is a river . . . in the Romney Campaign
- Just how inept is the Obama administration?
- Canada for President?--if only we could
- Whitney: Up to 100,000 Layoffs On the Way
- North Florida's rural economy: Tourism, Farming, P...
- Primer: Brazil’s Rise to Global Player video
- Romney Campaign Is a Slow-motion Train Wreck
- Romney Campaign Self-destruction in Action
- How to shrink government
- Federal Reserve Re-inflating the U.S. Housing Bubble
- Naval Power Massing in Gulf as Israel Prepares
- Google stands up for Free Speech and rejects Obama...
- What's Wrong With Romney?
- Attack in Libya - Obama and Hilary need to explain...
- Mitt Romney’s statement on the Libya ambassador at...
- Living Amid Ruins in Haiti video
- Chicago shows failing of Obama Democratic Party Po...
- Why Commodities Are Beating Equities and Bonds (v...
- U.F.O. Home video
- Are We Running Out of Spectrum? (video)
- Saving Blue Whales
- The "Economy Election" - no recovery "in sight"
- Apple and Amazon Security Led to Epic Hacking
- Robert J. Samuelson: Grading Obama
- The Democrats, God and Jerusalem video
- FTC v. Google
- Obama and the Downward Spiral For America
- U.S. Postal Service reports $5.2-billion loss
- So long summer 2012 (video)
- Obama's "Culture Of Fraud" Campaign
- A Factory Grows in Haiti (video)
- Canes have an explosive "true freshman" running back
- Digg did something very stupid
- ▼ September (39)