The Obama administration and Obama's media shills are giving us a lot of spin on what Romney said, when he said it, etc.--here's the transcript (via the Washington Post)--
Mitt Romney’s statement on the Libya ambassador attack - The Washington Post: Wednesday, September 12, 10:15 AM - The following is a transcript of presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s remarks to the press on the Libya and Cairo embassy attacks:
ROMNEY: "Good morning. Americans woke up this morning with -- with tragic news and felt heavy hearts as they considered that individuals who have served in our diplomatic corps were brutally murdered across the world.
"This attack on American individuals and embassies is outrageous, it’s disgusting, it -- it breaks the hearts of all of us who think of these people who have served during their lives the cause of freedom and justice and honor.
"We -- we mourn their loss and join together in prayer that the spirit of the Almighty might comfort the families of those who have been so brutally slain.
"Four diplomats lost their life, including the U.S. ambassador, J. Christopher Stevens, in the attack on our embassy at Benghazi, Libya. And of course with these words I extend my condolences to the grieving loved ones who have left behind, as a result of these who have lost their lives in the service of our nation.
"And I know that the people across America are grateful for their service. And we mourn their sacrifice.
"America will not tolerate attacks against our citizens and against our embassies. We’ll defend also our constitutional rights of speech and assembly and religion.
"We have confidence in our cause in America. We respect our Constitution. We stand for the principles our Constitution protects. We encourage other nations to understand and respect the principles of our Constitution, because we recognize that these principles are the ultimate source of freedom for individuals around the world.
"I also believe the administration was wrong to stand by a statement sympathizing with those who had breached our embassy in Egypt, instead of condemning their actions. It’s never too early for the United States government to condemn attacks on Americans and to defend our values.
"The White House distanced itself last night from the statement, saying it wasn’t cleared by Washington. That reflects the mixed signals they’re sending to the world.
"The attacks in Libya and Egypt underscore that the world remains a dangerous place and that American leadership is still sorely needed. In the face of this violence, American cannot shrink from the responsibility to lead. American leadership is necessary to ensure that events in the region don’t spin out of control. We cannot hesitate to use our influence in the region to support those who share our values and our interests.
"Over the last several years, we’ve stood witness to an Arab spring that presents an opportunity for a more peaceful and prosperous, but also poses the potential for peril if the forces of extremism and violence are allowed to control the course of events. We must strive to ensure that the Arab spring does not become an Arab winter."
Really, what's wrong with Romney's statement?
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- Why the Debates Don't Matter
- Rare Albino Whale Off Coast of Australia (video)
- Why South Korea Can Avoid a Financial Meltdown
- QE3's Biggest Winner? Take a Hard Look at Gold (vi...
- Rare 2-Ton Blue Whale Spotted Off Aussie Coast (vi...
- This Always Bugged Me
- Denial is a river . . . in the Romney Campaign
- Just how inept is the Obama administration?
- Canada for President?--if only we could
- Whitney: Up to 100,000 Layoffs On the Way
- North Florida's rural economy: Tourism, Farming, P...
- Primer: Brazil’s Rise to Global Player video
- Romney Campaign Is a Slow-motion Train Wreck
- Romney Campaign Self-destruction in Action
- How to shrink government
- Federal Reserve Re-inflating the U.S. Housing Bubble
- Naval Power Massing in Gulf as Israel Prepares
- Google stands up for Free Speech and rejects Obama...
- What's Wrong With Romney?
- Attack in Libya - Obama and Hilary need to explain...
- Mitt Romney’s statement on the Libya ambassador at...
- Living Amid Ruins in Haiti video
- Chicago shows failing of Obama Democratic Party Po...
- Why Commodities Are Beating Equities and Bonds (v...
- U.F.O. Home video
- Are We Running Out of Spectrum? (video)
- Saving Blue Whales
- The "Economy Election" - no recovery "in sight"
- Apple and Amazon Security Led to Epic Hacking
- Robert J. Samuelson: Grading Obama
- The Democrats, God and Jerusalem video
- FTC v. Google
- Obama and the Downward Spiral For America
- U.S. Postal Service reports $5.2-billion loss
- So long summer 2012 (video)
- Obama's "Culture Of Fraud" Campaign
- A Factory Grows in Haiti (video)
- Canes have an explosive "true freshman" running back
- Digg did something very stupid
- ▼ September (39)