The Apocalypse Trade - NYTimes.com: ". . . German bonds are now being priced as a risky asset — what the FT calls the “apocalypse trade“. The interest rate on bunds, at 2.21% as I write this, is still very low by historical standards. But it’s above the rate on UK bonds (2.17%) and way above the rate on US bonds (1.88%). The way to see this is that the market is in effect pricing in a real possibility of eurozone collapse. . . ." Paul Krugman in the New York Times
How safe are the euros in your pocket or bank account?
Debt crisis: as it happened November 24, 2011 - Telegraph: "The FTSE 100 loses £107 billion during nine straight days of losses, as a meeting between French, German and Italian leaders offers little progress on resolving eurozone debt crisis."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)
- Finding your passion (video)
- Why a Stimulating Job Can Improve Your IQ (video)
- Germany: Going Down with the Ship
- The Rich get Richer (and Bigger) thanks to the Fed
- Saving a dinosaur, part 2: Overhauling the Post Of...
- Saving a dinosaur: the US Postal Service (video)
- Yankeegroup: Facebook Falls Low on Consumers' List...
- Pick Your Poison: ECB as lender of last resort
- Eurocontagion: caveat emptor!
- Pimco's El-Erian Calls U.S. Economy `Terrifying' (...
- Eurozone: the confidence fairy’s not coming
- Why the U.S. desperately needs tax reform
- When Government is the Problem, Entrepreneurs will...
- Yes Fiscal Policy Matters, but What Kind of Stimulus?
- Money Quote of the Week
- Angela Merkel to Europe: "You vill obey!"
- Google Stands Up for Internet Freedom
- Stop SOPA
- The 2 things you need to know about Newt Gingrich ...
- PIMCO's Mohamed El-Erian: politicians need to reco...
- Warren Buffett on the deficit: spending has to com...
- Warren Buffett: Romney is strongest GOP candidate
- Romney leads--Republicans coming to their senses
- B&N asks DOJ to investigate Microsoft
- The euro, it turns out, was not a good idea
- Cuba Today: The Struggle Continues
- Debate wrap-up and what most media missed
- Now for the Italian Job
- ZDNet: Chrome is the best web browser
- The Giant of Redmond Is Not Sleeping--Why Microsof...
- Italy: end game time
- Denial is a river . . . in Europe, part 2
- To the 'Occupy London Stock Exchange' protesters, ...
- Denial is a river . . . in Europe
- David Cameron: "There is a global storm in the wor...
- ▼ November (35)