Thursday, November 10, 2011
Cuba Today: The Struggle Continues
Defiant Cuban dissident Guido Sigler arrives in Miami - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com: "Sigler, along with other well-known dissidents like Oscar Elías Biscet, decided to continue his political activism in Cuba while other political prisoners who had been released departed for Spain. He decided to leave for the United States in the face of continued hostility from the government and police."
3 Cubans Wash Ashore in Miami, 4 Missing After Boat Sinks | NBC Miami: "Lopez told an NBC Miami reporter in Spanish she'd come to the U.S. because she "wanted a better life" and that "things were ugly in Cuba.""
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)
- Finding your passion (video)
- Why a Stimulating Job Can Improve Your IQ (video)
- Germany: Going Down with the Ship
- The Rich get Richer (and Bigger) thanks to the Fed...
- Saving a dinosaur, part 2: Overhauling the Post Of...
- Saving a dinosaur: the US Postal Service (video)
- Yankeegroup: Facebook Falls Low on Consumers' List...
- Pick Your Poison: ECB as lender of last resort
- Eurocontagion: caveat emptor!
- Pimco's El-Erian Calls U.S. Economy `Terrifying' (...
- Eurozone: the confidence fairy’s not coming
- Why the U.S. desperately needs tax reform
- When Government is the Problem, Entrepreneurs will...
- Yes Fiscal Policy Matters, but What Kind of Stimul...
- Money Quote of the Week
- Angela Merkel to Europe: "You vill obey!"
- Google Stands Up for Internet Freedom
- Stop SOPA
- The 2 things you need to know about Newt Gingrich ...
- PIMCO's Mohamed El-Erian: politicians need to reco...
- Warren Buffett on the deficit: spending has to com...
- Warren Buffett: Romney is strongest GOP candidate
- Romney leads--Republicans coming to their senses
- B&N asks DOJ to investigate Microsoft
- The euro, it turns out, was not a good idea
- Cuba Today: The Struggle Continues
- Debate wrap-up and what most media missed
- Now for the Italian Job
- ZDNet: Chrome is the best web browser
- The Giant of Redmond Is Not Sleeping--Why Microsof...
- Italy: end game time
- Denial is a river . . . in Europe, part 2
- To the 'Occupy London Stock Exchange' protesters, ...
- Denial is a river . . . in Europe
- David Cameron: "There is a global storm in the wor...
- ▼ November (35)