Dutch back ECB as 'last resort'
By Matt Steinglass in Amsterdam Jan Kees de Jager, the Dutch finance minister, endorsed a more active role for the European Central Bank “as a last resort” to contain the eurozone debt crisis ahead of a meeting in Berlin with his counterparts from ...
ECB cannot be lender of last resort: Gonzalez-Paramo
OXFORD, England (Reuters) - The ECB cannot be the lender of last resort for troubled euro zone states, one of its top policymakers said on Thursday, underscoring the bank's continued resistance to fierce pressure for it to take a more active role in ...
Friday, November 25, 2011
Pick Your Poison: ECB as lender of last resort
Pick Your Poison: Is it going to be ECB as lender of last resort or a case of coulda, shoulda, woulda?--
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)
- Finding your passion (video)
- Why a Stimulating Job Can Improve Your IQ (video)
- Germany: Going Down with the Ship
- The Rich get Richer (and Bigger) thanks to the Fed
- Saving a dinosaur, part 2: Overhauling the Post Of...
- Saving a dinosaur: the US Postal Service (video)
- Yankeegroup: Facebook Falls Low on Consumers' List...
- Pick Your Poison: ECB as lender of last resort
- Eurocontagion: caveat emptor!
- Pimco's El-Erian Calls U.S. Economy `Terrifying' (...
- Eurozone: the confidence fairy’s not coming
- Why the U.S. desperately needs tax reform
- When Government is the Problem, Entrepreneurs will...
- Yes Fiscal Policy Matters, but What Kind of Stimulus?
- Money Quote of the Week
- Angela Merkel to Europe: "You vill obey!"
- Google Stands Up for Internet Freedom
- Stop SOPA
- The 2 things you need to know about Newt Gingrich ...
- PIMCO's Mohamed El-Erian: politicians need to reco...
- Warren Buffett on the deficit: spending has to com...
- Warren Buffett: Romney is strongest GOP candidate
- Romney leads--Republicans coming to their senses
- B&N asks DOJ to investigate Microsoft
- The euro, it turns out, was not a good idea
- Cuba Today: The Struggle Continues
- Debate wrap-up and what most media missed
- Now for the Italian Job
- ZDNet: Chrome is the best web browser
- The Giant of Redmond Is Not Sleeping--Why Microsof...
- Italy: end game time
- Denial is a river . . . in Europe, part 2
- To the 'Occupy London Stock Exchange' protesters, ...
- Denial is a river . . . in Europe
- David Cameron: "There is a global storm in the wor...
- ▼ November (35)