While everybody is watching what is happening in Washington, also keep an eye on Europe--a snapshot is the Italy-Germany 10 year spread. Don't take my word for it, listen to a Nobel laureate in economics--
Economics and Politics by Paul Krugman--NYTimes.com: "When I fire up my computer these days, I quickly check out the Italy-Germany 10-year spread. That spread spiked earlier this month, signaling the spread of the crisis beyond the small peripheral economies; at its peak a couple of weeks ago it was 3.32 percent. Then the new rescue plan was announced, and the spread fell to 2.47 — still very bad, but a little less catastrophic. . . as of this morning it’s back up to 3.08. Things are falling apart."
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)
- The Teamsters--one Union that gets it
- Keep an eye on Europe--the Italy-Germany 10 year s...
- The Weekend Interview with Bill Gates: Was the $5 ...
- Highly educated ignorance
- $50,000 and a coffee shop around the corner'.
- Will true representative democracy come to Preside...
- Words of warning on China
- Housing is not the answer (and never was)
- How Google+ Will Balkanize Your Social Life - Tech...
- Words to live by
- This Too Shall Pass - Built in Chicago
- HEARD ON THE STREET: Google Makes Facebook Look So...
- GOOGLE The World's Most Reputable Company
- Slow growth, high unemployment
- Google shows how to introduce change
- "You can't handle the truth" by Paul Krugman
- ▼ July (18)