Amazon's Vogels: cloud, start-ups, treadmills - Patch Monday - Blogs - ZDNet Australia: "The cloud has levelled the playing field for business, says Amazon's chief technology officer Dr Werner Vogels. Ten years ago, a start-up needed $5 million. Now, Vogels says, it's 'just $50,000 and a coffee shop around the corner'.
'The fact that the cloud is powering this whole new range of innovation at very low cost means that we've seen a wealth of new applications and new ways of doing things coming towards us that didn't even exist five years ago,' he said.
Vogels notes the increasing 'webification' of enterprise applications, and sees a future where even your exercise treadmill has an IP address. 'I've learned that if you think about innovation it's best not to restrain yourself too much,' he said."
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)
- The Teamsters--one Union that gets it
- Keep an eye on Europe--the Italy-Germany 10 year s...
- The Weekend Interview with Bill Gates: Was the $5 ...
- Highly educated ignorance
- $50,000 and a coffee shop around the corner'.
- Will true representative democracy come to Preside...
- Words of warning on China
- Housing is not the answer (and never was)
- How Google+ Will Balkanize Your Social Life - Tech...
- Words to live by
- This Too Shall Pass - Built in Chicago
- HEARD ON THE STREET: Google Makes Facebook Look So...
- GOOGLE The World's Most Reputable Company
- Slow growth, high unemployment
- Google shows how to introduce change
- "You can't handle the truth" by Paul Krugman
- ▼ July (18)