God help us--what's the man in the street supposed to do? Uneducated ignorance is one thing--highly educated ignorance? Maybe Krugman is on to something!
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Green Sky Economics - NYTimes.com: Nobel laureate in economics Paul Krugman today in the New York Times-- "the nonsense Republicans are talking on economics comes not from uneducated ignorance but from highly educated ignorance: they’re getting their fallacies from eminent academics, not the man in the street. And not just fallacies: people like Fama confidently proclaim the truth of facts that, well, aren’t. Clearly, it’s all mutually reinforcing: the closing of the Chicago mind both reinforces and is reinforced by the patronage of the mega-wealthy. . . ."
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)
- The Teamsters--one Union that gets it
- Keep an eye on Europe--the Italy-Germany 10 year s...
- The Weekend Interview with Bill Gates: Was the $5 ...
- Highly educated ignorance
- $50,000 and a coffee shop around the corner'.
- Will true representative democracy come to Preside...
- Words of warning on China
- Housing is not the answer (and never was)
- How Google+ Will Balkanize Your Social Life - Tech...
- Words to live by
- This Too Shall Pass - Built in Chicago
- HEARD ON THE STREET: Google Makes Facebook Look So...
- GOOGLE The World's Most Reputable Company
- Slow growth, high unemployment
- Google shows how to introduce change
- "You can't handle the truth" by Paul Krugman
- ▼ July (18)