Here's the sad fact about the NSA and its nefarious activities--there is no effective Congressional oversight and secret "rubber-stamp" courts are nothing more than "judicial theater" (ever hear of security theater?). The only effective oversight and check on NSA activities (and other illegal government acts) are actions of conscience by people like Edward Snowden--
National (US) Poll - July 10, 2013 - U.S. Voters Say Snowden Is Whi | Quinnipiac University Connecticut: "American voters say 55 - 34 percent that Edward Snowden is a whistle-blower, rather than a traitor, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today. In a massive shift in attitudes, voters say 45 - 40 percent the government's anti-terrorism efforts go too far restricting civil liberties, a reversal from a January 14, 2010, survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University when voters said 63 - 25 percent that such activities didn't go far enough to adequately protect the country. Almost every party, gender, income, education, age and income group regards Snowden as a whistle-blower rather than a traitor. . . . "
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Tawana Brawley Story (video)
- Chicago bond rating takes big hit
- The US Secret Government against Democracy
- Obamacare Has Negative Impact on Jobs
- Wait till Other Cities Follow Detroit in filing C...
- ‘America has no functioning democracy’ – Jimmy Car...
- Congress now realizes they've been played as fools...
- Anthony Weiner, Carlos Danger, and Huma Abedin - H...
- What Mandela Means to South Africans (video)
- Zimmerman Verdict: Media Guilty Beyond A Reasonabl...
- Worldwide Honey Bee Collapse Threatens All Human L...
- The Obamcare effect is real
- Congressional Oversight? What a Joke!
- How the US government forces internet firms to "co...
- US Media Amplifies Lies of US Government
- Oliver Stone on NSA Spying (video)
- US Voters Say Snowden Is Whistleblower
- NSA and Snowden, what happened between May 20th an...
- US Intelligence leaders seem to have lost their fa...
- Egypt Coup Big Blow For Muslim Brotherhood
- US Prison System Is Criminogenc
- Is the US Government trying to kill Silicon Valley...
- Why Secret Courts Have No Place in a Free Society
- Obamacare Strikes: Part-Time Jobs Surge To All Tim...
- Mainstream Media trying to dismiss IRS scandal
- The Guardian readership exploding, scoops New York...
- Edward Snowden as a stateless refugee
- South Africa Anti-Obama (video)
- Greenwald and the Truth vs Washington "Spin" (vide...
- NSA security "creepiness"
- Demonizing Edward Snowden--when did the US media e...
- Google challenges US gag order, citing First Amend...
- ▼ July (32)
- ► 2012 (423)