Nothing like having to petition a secret Court (renown for its "rubber-stamp" approval of all governmental requests) to assert the constitutional right of free speech--
Google challenges U.S. gag order, citing First Amendment - The Washington Post: "Google asked the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA Court) on Tuesday to ease long-standing gag orders over data requests the court makes, arguing that the company has a constitutional right to speak about information it is forced to give the government. The legal filing, which invokes the First Amendment’s guarantee of free speech, is the latest move by the California-based tech giant to protect its reputation in the aftermath of news reports about broad National Security Agency (NSA) surveillance of Internet traffic. . . ."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
Monday, July 1, 2013
Google challenges US gag order, citing First Amendment
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Tawana Brawley Story (video)
- Chicago bond rating takes big hit
- The US Secret Government against Democracy
- Obamacare Has Negative Impact on Jobs
- Wait till Other Cities Follow Detroit in filing C...
- ‘America has no functioning democracy’ – Jimmy Car...
- Congress now realizes they've been played as fools...
- Anthony Weiner, Carlos Danger, and Huma Abedin - H...
- What Mandela Means to South Africans (video)
- Zimmerman Verdict: Media Guilty Beyond A Reasonabl...
- Worldwide Honey Bee Collapse Threatens All Human L...
- The Obamcare effect is real
- Congressional Oversight? What a Joke!
- How the US government forces internet firms to "co...
- US Media Amplifies Lies of US Government
- Oliver Stone on NSA Spying (video)
- US Voters Say Snowden Is Whistleblower
- NSA and Snowden, what happened between May 20th an...
- US Intelligence leaders seem to have lost their fa...
- Egypt Coup Big Blow For Muslim Brotherhood
- US Prison System Is Criminogenc
- Is the US Government trying to kill Silicon Valley?
- Why Secret Courts Have No Place in a Free Society
- Obamacare Strikes: Part-Time Jobs Surge To All Tim...
- Mainstream Media trying to dismiss IRS scandal
- The Guardian readership exploding, scoops New York...
- Edward Snowden as a stateless refugee
- South Africa Anti-Obama (video)
- Greenwald and the Truth vs Washington "Spin" (video)
- NSA security "creepiness"
- Demonizing Edward Snowden--when did the US media e...
- Google challenges US gag order, citing First Amend...
- ▼ July (32)
- ► 2012 (423)