Congressional oversight? What a joke! Administration officials lie before Congress with impunity and obstruct Congressional Committees as a matter of course (see below).
The hearing joins other high-profile cases in recent weeks—including those involving the Internal Revenue Service, the National Security Agency, and the Justice Department—that have cast doubt on Congress’s ability to oversee federal agencies. (source infra)
Chairman: FBI Has ‘Chosen to Obstruct’ Oversight - Yahoo! News: "“It is unfortunate that the FBI has chosen to obstruct this committee’s oversight jurisdiction of events leading up to a terrorist attack,” he said. “This committee has specific questions related to our investigation of the Boston Marathon bombings, and the FBI refuses to answer those.”"
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Tawana Brawley Story (video)
- Chicago bond rating takes big hit
- The US Secret Government against Democracy
- Obamacare Has Negative Impact on Jobs
- Wait till Other Cities Follow Detroit in filing C...
- ‘America has no functioning democracy’ – Jimmy Car...
- Congress now realizes they've been played as fools...
- Anthony Weiner, Carlos Danger, and Huma Abedin - H...
- What Mandela Means to South Africans (video)
- Zimmerman Verdict: Media Guilty Beyond A Reasonabl...
- Worldwide Honey Bee Collapse Threatens All Human L...
- The Obamcare effect is real
- Congressional Oversight? What a Joke!
- How the US government forces internet firms to "co...
- US Media Amplifies Lies of US Government
- Oliver Stone on NSA Spying (video)
- US Voters Say Snowden Is Whistleblower
- NSA and Snowden, what happened between May 20th an...
- US Intelligence leaders seem to have lost their fa...
- Egypt Coup Big Blow For Muslim Brotherhood
- US Prison System Is Criminogenc
- Is the US Government trying to kill Silicon Valley?
- Why Secret Courts Have No Place in a Free Society
- Obamacare Strikes: Part-Time Jobs Surge To All Tim...
- Mainstream Media trying to dismiss IRS scandal
- The Guardian readership exploding, scoops New York...
- Edward Snowden as a stateless refugee
- South Africa Anti-Obama (video)
- Greenwald and the Truth vs Washington "Spin" (video)
- NSA security "creepiness"
- Demonizing Edward Snowden--when did the US media e...
- Google challenges US gag order, citing First Amend...
- ▼ July (32)
- ► 2012 (423)