It's the old "cooperate or else" story--
How the U.S. forces Net firms to cooperate on surveillance | Politics and Law - CNET News: "Officially, Uncle Sam says it doesn't interfere. But behind the scenes, the feds have been trying to browbeat Internet firms into helping with surveillance demands. . . .Under federal law, the National Security Agency can serve real-time "electronic surveillance" orders on Internet companies for investigations related to terrorism or national security. These orders, authorized by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, are used to feed data into the NSA's PRISM software program that was revealed last month by former intelligence analyst Edward Snowden. PRISM documents indicate that the NSA can receive "real-time notifications" of user log-ins. Some Internet companies have reluctantly agreed to work with the government to conduct legally authorized surveillance on the theory that negotiations are less objectionable than the alternative . . . ." (read more at link above)
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- Tawana Brawley Story (video)
- Chicago bond rating takes big hit
- The US Secret Government against Democracy
- Obamacare Has Negative Impact on Jobs
- Wait till Other Cities Follow Detroit in filing C...
- ‘America has no functioning democracy’ – Jimmy Car...
- Congress now realizes they've been played as fools...
- Anthony Weiner, Carlos Danger, and Huma Abedin - H...
- What Mandela Means to South Africans (video)
- Zimmerman Verdict: Media Guilty Beyond A Reasonabl...
- Worldwide Honey Bee Collapse Threatens All Human L...
- The Obamcare effect is real
- Congressional Oversight? What a Joke!
- How the US government forces internet firms to "co...
- US Media Amplifies Lies of US Government
- Oliver Stone on NSA Spying (video)
- US Voters Say Snowden Is Whistleblower
- NSA and Snowden, what happened between May 20th an...
- US Intelligence leaders seem to have lost their fa...
- Egypt Coup Big Blow For Muslim Brotherhood
- US Prison System Is Criminogenc
- Is the US Government trying to kill Silicon Valley...
- Why Secret Courts Have No Place in a Free Society
- Obamacare Strikes: Part-Time Jobs Surge To All Tim...
- Mainstream Media trying to dismiss IRS scandal
- The Guardian readership exploding, scoops New York...
- Edward Snowden as a stateless refugee
- South Africa Anti-Obama (video)
- Greenwald and the Truth vs Washington "Spin" (vide...
- NSA security "creepiness"
- Demonizing Edward Snowden--when did the US media e...
- Google challenges US gag order, citing First Amend...
- ▼ July (32)
- ► 2012 (423)