Vietnam jails French-Vietnamese teacher over blogs - Technology - MiamiHerald.com: "Pham Minh Hoang, 56, was found guilty of trying to overthrow the government by posting 33 articles against the one-party Communist system, as well as of holding membership in the banned Viet Tan group and recruiting others to join it. It was the second high-profile dissident trial in just over a week.
U.S.-based Viet Tan says it is a nonviolent advocate of democracy, but Hanoi considers it a terror organization - a claim U.S. officials say they have not found any evidence to support."
Letter to prime minister requesting blogger Pham Minh Hoang’s release - Reporters Without Borders: "The Vietnamese justice system is going to try Mr. Hoang on a charge of trying to overthrow the people’s government because he wrote articles in his blog, gave extra-curricular training in leadership to his students and is a member of the Viet Tan pro-democracy party.
These activities are nonetheless guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and articles 35, 50, 53 and 69 of your country’s Constitution. The only appropriate outcome to Mr. Hoang’s trial would therefore be his acquittal and unconditional release. Mr. Hoang must recover his complete freedom.
Vietnam is increasingly the target of criticism for its human rights violations . . ."
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)
- Disarray the HP Way
- Environmental Enforcement Leaves Musicians in Fear...
- How to get $12 billion of gold to Venezuela--it's ...
- What Apple, Microsoft et al have in common
- The difference between HP and Apple today
- Federal Reserve has some explaining to do
- If Washington was really serious about reducing un...
- It’s not just about the U
- HP's Leo Apotheker, Master of FUD
- A Crisis of Confidence in what?
- Good riddance Rod Beckstrom!
- The Density Dynamic--pros and cons
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry? You're kidding?
- New Options for Starbucks Wi-Fi Squatters - Techno...
- "Systemic, ongoing fraud that is ubiquitous in the...
- Is blogging free speech or terrorism?
- Government money is no good in today's stressed en...
- Making Obama look real good
- Windy City Statuesque Blonde Bombshell
- ICANN plan: lawyers' dream and public nightmare
- U.S. loses AAA credit rating from S&P--a wake-up c...
- The First Amendment is still in effect--at least o...
- Web Speed: what are your "pipe" and "code?"
- Q/A Massive cyber attack
- The TSA’s Grand Failure Of Imagination - Marc Webe...
- ▼ August (25)