Advertisers slam Internet domain plan - The Hill's Hillicon Valley: "A group of advertisers in a letter on Thursday told the organization that manages the Internet's address system to reconsider its plan to allow for new domain names.
'Implementation of a Program with unlimited (top level domains) is economically unsupportable and likely to cause irreparable harm and damage,' Robert Liodice, president of the Association of National Advertisers, wrote to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers.
'At the same time, the Program contravenes the legal rights of brand owners and jeopardizes the safety of consumers.'
ICANN, a nonprofit organization, approved a plan in June to allow for the registration of new domain names in addition to traditional domains such as '.com' or '.org.' Beginning in 2012, organizations can register new addresses ending in almost any word or phrase."
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)
- Disarray the HP Way
- Environmental Enforcement Leaves Musicians in Fear...
- How to get $12 billion of gold to Venezuela--it's ...
- What Apple, Microsoft et al have in common
- The difference between HP and Apple today
- Federal Reserve has some explaining to do
- If Washington was really serious about reducing un...
- It’s not just about the U
- HP's Leo Apotheker, Master of FUD
- A Crisis of Confidence in what?
- Good riddance Rod Beckstrom!
- The Density Dynamic--pros and cons
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry? You're kidding?
- New Options for Starbucks Wi-Fi Squatters - Techno...
- "Systemic, ongoing fraud that is ubiquitous in the...
- Is blogging free speech or terrorism?
- Government money is no good in today's stressed en...
- Making Obama look real good
- Windy City Statuesque Blonde Bombshell
- ICANN plan: lawyers' dream and public nightmare
- U.S. loses AAA credit rating from S&P--a wake-up c...
- The First Amendment is still in effect--at least o...
- Web Speed: what are your "pipe" and "code?"
- Q/A Massive cyber attack
- The TSA’s Grand Failure Of Imagination - Marc Webe...
- ▼ August (25)