When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
Thursday, August 25, 2011
The difference between HP and Apple today
Hewlett-Packard’s legend in Silicon Valley and the rest of the tech world is well-known. The company had iconic leaders of its own: Bill Hewlett and David Packard, the Stanford guys who started HP in a Palo Alto garage. But the company lost Hewlett and Packard a long time ago, and it has had many incarnations since then. It has become the world’s largest PC maker, but is now preparing to move away from the slower-growth and less-profitable industry. It is the same industry that has been disrupted by Apple’s newest products, which have helped push tech into the emerging post-PC world. What Googorola and HP’s shift have in common: Apple and Steve Jobs | Good Morning Silicon Valley
The difference between HP and Apple today? Obviously the quality of management and leadership.
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)
- Disarray the HP Way
- Environmental Enforcement Leaves Musicians in Fear...
- How to get $12 billion of gold to Venezuela--it's ...
- What Apple, Microsoft et al have in common
- The difference between HP and Apple today
- Federal Reserve has some explaining to do
- If Washington was really serious about reducing un...
- It’s not just about the U
- HP's Leo Apotheker, Master of FUD
- A Crisis of Confidence in what?
- Good riddance Rod Beckstrom!
- The Density Dynamic--pros and cons
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry? You're kidding?
- New Options for Starbucks Wi-Fi Squatters - Techno...
- "Systemic, ongoing fraud that is ubiquitous in the...
- Is blogging free speech or terrorism?
- Government money is no good in today's stressed en...
- Making Obama look real good
- Windy City Statuesque Blonde Bombshell
- ICANN plan: lawyers' dream and public nightmare
- U.S. loses AAA credit rating from S&P--a wake-up c...
- The First Amendment is still in effect--at least o...
- Web Speed: what are your "pipe" and "code?"
- Q/A Massive cyber attack
- The TSA’s Grand Failure Of Imagination - Marc Webe...
- ▼ August (25)