Hold my money, please, I'll even pay you?
A currency crisis is on deck, but few see it coming.--Mike "Mish" Shedlock
Until this past week, no country had ever sold 10-year debt that gives investors a yield of below 0%. And no country had ever issued a 100-year bond denominated in euros. But in the latest stark sign of how easy the era of easy money has become, Switzerland on Wednesday sold 10-year bonds that investors are actually paying to hold, while Mexico lined up a rare transaction to borrow euros it promised to repay a century from now—at a yield of 4.2%... Reserve prepares to raise interest rates, the European Central Bank is forcefully driving them down. The Swiss National Bank, eager to keep its currency from soaring too far above its eurozone neighbors’, has itself shoved interest rates below zero. Read more at: Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Milestones in Bond Insanity: Negative 10-Year Yield on Swiss Bonds, Mexico Sell 100-Year Bonds Denominated in Euros; Are 1000-Year Bonds Next?
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- Rick Ferri, Portfolio Solutions Founder and CIO (a...
- Investing, The Fed, Unintended Consequences
- Charles Masson: Top Five Secrets of a Successful R...
- Hold My Money, Please, I'll Even Pay You!
- The Next Financial Crisis? Worse Says Jamie Dimon
- China, Economy, Scary Numbers (video)
- Jon Hamm Explains Career Trajectory to Mad Men (vi...
- What Mad Men Means for AMC Networks (video)
- Mortgaging Our Future?
- George Soros: Greece Is Going Down the Drain (video)
- Insider Trading From Washington Insiders? (video)
- Bill Gross Is Very Bullish on Treasuries (video)
- Why College Is Not for Everyone: Robert Reich (video)
- The Luxury Umbrella That Alerts You When You Forge...
- Greece's Debt Problem Explained in Five Charts (vi...
- Can Macau Move Past Gambling, Casinos? (video)
- Is High-Frequency Trading Really Out of Control? (...
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)