China Reality Check: Has the Hard Landing in China Already Started? -
Published on Feb 20, 2015: China’s economic growth rate fell to 7.4% in 2014, and many believe the official figure is actually more generous than the reality. Most forecasts expect growth to come in well under 7.0% in 2015. What are we to make of these trends? Are we at the beginning of a hard landing where the long history of structural inefficiencies are finally and inescapably being revealed and the possibilities of a financial crisis more ever looming? Or are we in a gradual shift toward a “new normal” of healthier and still relatively robust growth as a result of foresighted policy adjustments? Or is something else going on altogether? Anne Stevenson-Yang, co-founder of J Capital Research, is a veteran analyst of the China’s economy and economic policy process. She travels widely in China in order to compare official data with actual behavior and performance. Bob Davis of the Wall Street Journal is a leading expert on macroeconomic policy and recently completed an extended posting in Beijing, where he wrote regularly about China’s economy.
Co-founder and Research Director, J Capital Research
with Commentary from:
Washington Correspondent, Wall Street Journal
Deputy Director, Freeman Chair in China Studies, and Director, Project on Chinese Business and Political Economy, CSIS
Christopher K. Johnson
Freeman Chair in China Studies, CSIS
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- Michael Lewis: What If Markets Made Themselves Fai...
- Traders Are in an Arms Race for Speed (video)
- Goodbye to War Loan: 1917 to 2015 (video)
- The Birch Cent Penny That Could Fetch $2 Million a...
- Investing? Beware Consultants, They Will Cost You
- China, Reality Check, Has the Hard Landing Already...
- The Incredible Turnaround of the US Dollar Explain...
- Alan Greenspan: Oil Price Hasn’t Hit Bottom Yet (v...
- Nouriel Roubini Does Not See Greece Leaving the Eu...
- Warren Buffett, Graham And Doddsville Lecture
- I'm For Billary! Slogans That Hillary Clinton Will...
- Who Buys $30 million Apartments in New York City? ...
- ECB President Mario Draghi News Conference in Two ...
- Why Cheap Oil Doesn't Stop the Drilling (video)
- Top Five Frontier Markets to Invest In (video)
- Why There Are No Winners in the Global Currency Wa...
- Will a $150 Million Condo Sell in New York City? (...
- Is Cheap Oil a Complete Plus for the Economy?
- Buffett's Bet, S&P 500 Index Fund vs Hedge Funds
- Prisoner's Dilemma, Life on the Outside (video)
- ▼ March (20)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)