When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Alabama: not the anwer to illegal immigration
When all the crazy Republican primary talk on illegal immigration is said and done, what are you left with? Alabama: a bitter harvest of dislocation and fear. Hispanic homes are emptying, businesses are closing, employers are wondering where their workers have gone. Parents who have not yet figured out where to go are lying low and keeping children home from school. . . . Alabama’s reputation has also taken a huge hit just when it is trying to lure international businesses. No matter how officials may try to tempt foreign automakers, say, with low taxes and wages, the state is already infamous as a regional capital of xenophobia.
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
Labels: illegal immigration
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)
- Europe: the crisis is not over--
- Recovering from Leo--HP to Keep PC Business
- Europe's temporary solution (video)
- Lombardi Says Europe Crisis Remedies Could Fall Sh...
- What were they thinking? Magical thinking!
- Jeffrey Friedman: Regulators' Ignorance Contribute...
- Time for R&R: 36 Hours in South Beach (video)
- The GOP has a problem
- European debt crisis talks plunged into chaos
- Alabama: not the anwer to illegal immigration
- GOP debate October 18th - my take
- KPCB Internet Trends (2011) (Mary Meeker)
- Going off-grid: 6 days on Little Deadman's Cay, Ba...
- At the precipice--this is not good--Europe rejects...
- Ann Coulter on the GOP presidential field: Romney ...
- Ben Bernanke's Darkest Fears (funny video)
- Is the U.S. becoming a Third-World Nation? -video
- William Bennett to Robert Jeffress: "You did Rick ...
- The Bank of England moves aggressively in face of ...
- Apple's design wizard has not left the building
- Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address
- OK, Christie is not running--now what? Here's my t...
- Rethinking Government 101
- Obama’s Jobs Bill: Hire somebody who's not unemplo...
- FEMA's new normal, NOAA's phony hurricane, and the...
- ▼ October (25)