Tuesday, February 10, 2015
US, Afghanistan, Iraq, Corruption, Waste
Can Corruption Be Eradicated?: "....Every day, millions of dollars in cash were declared by couriers at Kabul International Airport, and then flown to the United Arab Emirates, where the new Afghan élite invested in real estate and Bentleys. According to the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction, the United States has, since 2002, spent a hundred and four billion dollars on rebuilding the country (nearly as much, in today’s dollars, as was spent on the Marshall Plan), a large but untold fraction of which was skimmed away by middlemen before it could produce any tangible improvement for the Afghan people. “We know all this money is coming in,” a farmer outside Kandahar told Chayes, yet there was little the local population could do as it vanished. For the average Afghan, it was like watching a slow-motion heist in broad daylight...."
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- Gary Shilling on Why You Should Own Bonds
- Gary Shilling, Abundance Of Commodities (video)
- Why Austerity Will Not Save Greece (video)
- Corruption, Eradicated?
- America, China, Economic Parity
- Brexit Unlikely If EU Terms Renegotiated says Bori...
- Greece vs Europe, Who Will Blink First? (video)
- What is Happening? Get the Important Stuff Using O...
- Burning Man, Will the Billionaires be Kicked Out? ...
- US, Afghanistan, Iraq, Corruption, Waste
- Global Monetary Policy, What Central Bankers are W...
- US Travel and Medical Companies, New Opportunities...
- Scope of Permissible Cuba Transactions
- Economy: Housing Weak due to Consumer Debt, Credit...
- Gold Standard, Central Banks, Economic Outcomes
- Secular Stagnation, Debt Overhang, Sluggish Growth...
- Ann Pettifor on Europe (video)
- Starbucks Coffee, Seattle, Pike Place Market, CEO ...
- World Economic Forum, Highlights From Davos 2015 (...
- ▼ February (19)
- ► 2014 (368)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)