Tuesday, August 5, 2014
Barack Obama, Ted Cruz, Trolling
"How Ted Cruz Trolls Obama's Foreign Policy," by The Daily Beast's Eli Lake: "One way to understand Ted Cruz's foreign policy, particularly if you are a Democrat, is through the prism of the social media phenomenon known as trolling. The best trolls are provocateurs. Their language is meant to expose a fallacy or weakness in the opponent's position as opposed to offering a constructive alternative. ... [But despite] the barbs and the major differences between Cruz and Obama, the two politicians both agree that America should be out of the nation-building business. ... Ted Cruz is an American exceptionalist who is wary of [trying to remake]
remaking the world in America's exceptional image." via Politico (my edit and emphasis)
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- Barry Ritholtz Interviews Jim Chanos (audio)
- DoubleLine's Jeffrey Gundlach, US 10-year yields, ...
- Europe, Economic Reality, Markets, Magical Thinking
- What State is the Biggest Loser?
- Military expenditure as percentage of GDP
- Why Would the US Want to Militarize Its Police?
- Geopolitics Only Cloud for Global Economy, Fred Ne...
- Absurd US Government Programs to Overthrow Cuban G...
- Barry Ritholtz interviews Jack Brennan, former Van...
- China Hasn’t Really Averted a Crash - Jim Walker, ...
- Bull vs Bear Debate, Where Do Stocks Go From Here?...
- Stock Prices High, Global Risks, Investor Anxiety
- Yahoo Sports, Marissa, Woj
- Arrogance Is Good, In Defense of Silicon Valley (v...
- Michael Mauboussin, Barry Ritholtz Interview (audio)
- Nobu Master Chef, Making Perfect Sushi (video)
- How Top 1% Hoard Cash Offshore (Bloomberg video)
- Time to Be Opportunistic in Investing says Lisa Sh...
- Yazidis from Iraq Tell of Harrowing Escape From Is...
- Who's in Charge of Iraq Right Now? Washington Clue...
- Russia Can Endure Pain More Than EU or US says JPM...
- Snapchat Really Worth $10 Billion? (video)
- Housing recovery is over, plus underwater mortgages
- Jeremy Grantham, M&A Boom, Bubble, It Will All End...
- Hong Kong, Singapore, Popping Housing Bubbles (Video)
- Who Will Buy Yahoo and Solve the Marissa Problem?
- Barack Obama, Ted Cruz, Trolling
- Wall Street: Rules of the Game OR Rules Gamed
- Stephen Roach, US View on Currency and Trade (video)
- Rob Arnott interviewed by Barry Ritholtz
- Argentina Default, Ripple Effects (video)
- ▼ August (31)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)