1984 is here in the form of Obama's Big Brother Government --
Ajit Pai: The FCC Wades Into the Newsroom - WSJ.com: " . . . The government has no place pressuring media organizations into covering certain stories. Unfortunately, the Federal Communications Commission, where I am a commissioner, does not agree. Last May the FCC proposed an initiative to thrust the federal government into newsrooms across the country. With its "Multi-Market Study of Critical Information Needs," or CIN, the agency plans to send researchers to grill reporters, editors and station owners about how they decide which stories to run. A field test in Columbia, S.C., is scheduled to begin this spring. . . ."
Update: Obama's FCC apparently now doing a healthcare.gov-type redo --
FCC backs off newsroom study - POLITICO.com: "Shannon Gilson said Friday in a statement, adding that a revised study will be released within the next few weeks. Additionally, she said media owners and journalists will no longer be asked to participate in the pilot study."
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do? -- John Maynard Keynes
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- Obama Clueless, Congress Clueless, NSA In Charge
- Read President Putin's Speech on Ukraine and Crimea
- The Stock Markets are Rigged, Michael Lewis, 60 Mi...
- US Housing Policy Hurts the Middle Class, Get Amer...
- Obama, Liar in Chief?
- Large Brick and Mortar Retail is Over
- Five Most Outrageous Company Perks (video)
- Russia, Crimea, American Mainstream Media Lies
- The Federal Reserve, Before and After Lehman, Clue...
- Do People, Central Banks, or Governments, Learn fr...
- Four Horsemen of Tech, Eric Schmidt video
- Offshore Tax Evasion
- Next frontier for lean? How about government?
- How Roubini Would Invest $1 Million Right Now (video)
- Everything you need to know about the Ukraine "cri...
- What Kills Us? Understanding Risk (video)
- Obama makes Frank Underwood look like a Sunday Sch...
- Blankfein says China Is the 21st Century Story (vi...
- Chicago, Situation Close To Hopeless
- Did Oil rig worker see Malaysia Airlines Flight MH...
- WTF! Once a Plane Flies Offshore Over Water, Nobod...
- Fascism, Corporatism, US Government, Edward Snowden
- Snowden EU Testimony
- Obama Blew It, Secession of Crimea from the Ukraine
- Unemployment and the Economy, Where Are We REALLY?
- When you hear "government is the problem," here is...
- Detroit, Third-World America, Obama Policies
- If you are going to SXSW
- Bitcoin and its inevitable collapse
- Consequences should be considered BEFORE the fact
- Dollars, Euros, Gold
- Obama's Big Brother Government in the Newsroom
- ▼ March (32)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)