Washington, D.C., is rampant with conflicts of interest, researchers and academics who have been "bought off," bureaucrats and politicians looking to move (and make more money) on K Street . . . .
The Republican Street Fight over Transparency in Government - The Daily Beast: "...No one better understands the dangers in conflicted science than the chief administrator of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, David Michaels. Michaels is an epidemiologist and a professor (on leave) from George Washington University. In 2008, he published a terrifyingly depressing account of the consequences of conflicted science, Doubt is Their Product. That title was drawn from the famous 1969 Brown & Williamson memo declaring “doubt is our product, since it is the best means of competing with the ‘body of fact’ [linking smoking with cancer] that exists in the mind of the general public.” The strategy of the tobacco industry was to use “science” to attack science, so as to generate skepticism about whether smoking cigarettes caused cancer..." (read more at link above)
Tweet Follow @johnmpoole
The Big Picture
Financial Crisis - The Telegraph
JohnTheCrowd.com | The Sailing Website
Craig Newmark - craigconnects
- ► 2015 (131)
- Obama, Democrats, Delusion and Denial
- Glenn Greenwald Wins Pulitzer Prize for NSA Spying...
- The Obama Effect: Will It Defeat Hillary in 2016?
- Prison, Torture, Mass Incarceration in the US (video)
- Three Legal Ways to NOT Pay Taxes (video)
- Walgreens, Corporate Inversion, Tax Avoidance
- Our Broken Tax System, Here is a Fix
- Which US too-big-to-fail bank are you using?
- Five Biggest Scams of the Year (video)
- Unemployment Still Terrible, How to Fix
- Obamacare Unsustainable
- The Destruction of American Boys
- NSA abuses, Google Search
- Larry Page, Google CEO, says NSA 'Tremendously Dis...
- Base Jumper Leaps Off 1 World Trade Center video
- Snowden's Five Biggest NSA Bombshells (video)
- Secret Service Misconduct, Systemic Problems, Lead...
- US Intelligence, Desperate Lies, Huge Incompetence
- Attention Obama Suckers, The JOBS Act Scam
- US Economy, Contracts to buy homes fall for 8th st...
- Governments as Customers, Corruption, Crony Capita...
- Obama government: inept, incompetent, bureaucratic
- Governments That Block Twitter, YouTube, or Facebook
- Mike Rogers, Goodbye and good riddance!
- Peter Thiel says NSA Showed Huge Incompetence on D...
- Academic Research, Scholarship-for-hire, Conflicte...
- Fort Knox of Copper (video)
- $19 Billion, Whatscrap, Whatscrack, Whatsthat?
- How to Be An Innovator, A Personal Roadmap (slides)
- Why the Dollar Endures
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (423)